PDA

View Full Version : I have w211 that shows ------

Mustafazak
22nd March, 2016, 02:56 AM
Hi <
I have read the eeprom 24c17 and try to correct it , but i couldn't do it .
I have read that after odometer correction i have to block the eis
My question is how to block the EIS

Thanks in advanced

Speedosoft
22nd March, 2016, 03:49 AM
If the instrument cluster is the original one and now you have ------, you probably corrupted the eeprom (24C16/ C17). What tool do you plan on using to block the sync between the EIS and the instrument cluster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustafazak
22nd March, 2016, 03:50 PM
That's what i trying to understand , What tool do i have to use ?
I read the 24c17 in the dash . with orange 5

Speedosoft
23rd March, 2016, 11:14 AM
Did the car come to you with ------ already? Or did it happen after you altered the eeprom in the dash?
For the eis there are many tools. You can use Rosfar R260, or the R270 or any other handheld devices such as DP3, Enigma, Datasmart, etc.
If the -------'s occured after you tried to correct the eeprom in the dash, you have a little bigger problem. You will need a good file and a DAS/Xentry to learn it to the drive authorization or reflash it with DP3, Enigma, Avdi, etc.

Mustafazak
25th March, 2016, 11:53 PM
Thank you so much , The car came to me in that way , but i understand that someone was trying to do correction before me . anyways . i found a dump which 0 km and i made drive authorization with Das/Xentry and the odometer works perfectly , but another problem faced me which , The RPM become to slow .&nbsp;

Speedosoft
26th March, 2016, 07:08 AM
If the RPM was fine before you worked on it then you have to look at the coding. Usually the RPM is not affected by the coding except when between diesel and gas (petrol). Your dump must be from a diesel. In instrument cluster go to Control Unit Adaptation and under coding specific to instrument cluster change the engine type and other parameters to match your car.
A