PDA

View Full Version : where to get more info please

crackersa1b3rt0
28th March, 2016, 12:51 PM
well its awhile since ive posted on here but in the past recieved great help and advice.
recentley i have started messing around with kodi ect managed to get up and running on lappy and pc now im looking into making my own box to stand alone, and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers.
1 thing i would like to know is there any easier way than using a raspberry pi ? thanks in advance

digicon
28th March, 2016, 01:48 PM
I Started on the Raspberry Pi with Openelec and found it very easy but the Pi lacks some processing power and speed, I then upgraded to a Intel NUC i5 way over kill but with an mSata SSD and Openelec it flew like lightining LOL

Since then i am now on Android with the Nvidia Shield this is at the moment the Box to have there is nothing else to touch it in the Android or even linux department, 4K - HECV 10bit - HDMI 2.0 and running Android 6.0 marshmallow its pretty hard to beat.

If i was to go back to building my own again which i wont as i love the shield, i would probably go for another cheaper Intel NUC around ?99 bare bones to around ?150 with SSD and RAM. But with no 4K HDMI 2.0 at the moment its a waiting game

crackersa1b3rt0
29th March, 2016, 08:07 PM
cheers for the info m8