PDA

View Full Version : New to ECU remapping 520d 2007 m47 engine

henal
31st March, 2016, 01:21 PM
Hi Guys/ Girls,

im new in this forum and new to ECU remapping, its some thing that i have not yet got my hands round to it,

by all means im not a novice, iv been in to electronics for donkey years,

ideally a straight answer would be a chosen method but i know there are many variables.

im planning on buying a kess v2 master clone on ebay,

my project car is a bmw e60 2007 520d with an m47 engine.

to my understanding the ECU i have is EDC16 c35. according to kess list.

im located in west london and coventry

im here to lean, and im sure i can contribute when time comes,

if some one can share their experience of what tools/ software's and what to do.

now what i want to know do i program with obd or removing the ecu.

spychu14
31st March, 2016, 01:28 PM
From my experience everything should be OK by OBD with this ECU. I always use Galletto for BMW. And remember that you need good power supply for e60 - 40Amps min.
Or stay safe and use BDM port first :)

henal
31st March, 2016, 01:45 PM
ok,

power supply is not a problem, can use multiple batteries with 80 boost charger.

BDM is possible, but iv never removed an ECU are their Sealed units (would like to at some stage more of a electronics person)

when you say galletto shall i buy this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-Version-V54-FGTech-Galletto-4-Master-BDM-OBD-Function-Unlock-Version-/291446113488?hash=item43db8ac4d0:g:0c0AAOSwlV9WQ-7s

what do you recommend ?

spychu14
31st March, 2016, 02:01 PM
You have to read this topic :
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/411050-Chineese-Galletto-V54

henal
31st March, 2016, 06:08 PM
so which one is better kess or Galletto, also

what will the best first initial tool to use, since im trying to lean and then as i get better my requirements will fund better tools.

hcwc
31st March, 2016, 11:01 PM
Galletto was my first tool and i'm still using it with edc15/16. It's reworked but normal china clone worked good too.

With kess is like lottery, you can buy good one or one which can't read simple ecu. Need rework
With galletto you can read OBD and bdm.

CustomCars
1st April, 2016, 08:06 AM
If you have orginal, or good quality KESS, it's enough sure will handle all BMW ecus, no problem.
With FG.... can try, but always at first place kess.

henal
4th April, 2016, 01:36 PM
ok, iv bought both of them, galletto and KESS, and in terms of reworking them if their dont work is just a matter of re-heating the board to allow better connection between the chip and the board right ?

now the waiting game begins, hope fully the packages dont take that long to arrive.

the objective is to turn off the EGR and DPF, and a nice remap,

what would i do with the ECU file after iv read it, how do i go about modifying it,

are their any software's you recommend to allow me to achieve my objective.

galsy
4th April, 2016, 10:43 PM
you will spend hours trying to rework the kess, its not a case of re heating dry solder lol, as for what you do once you have read the file good luck with that one lol, you will be better sending file to someone that knows what there up to for the modification.

henal
5th April, 2016, 07:45 AM
to my understanding there are a few programs like winols and ecu safe, but currently i have not used any of them,

are their any other software's that are used for programming the ECU file,