PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview Rocks!

PoshWindle
23rd August, 2009, 11:00 PM
Am I the only person that thinks Kryptview is fantastic?

It never goes down......in 3 years I've only had to upgrade once....compare that to the other 2 boxes I have which go down regularly (Starview, DB).

Why did they stop making KV?

cactikid
23rd August, 2009, 11:41 PM
they are still made but hard to get new model is the 750.

wilf
24th August, 2009, 01:54 PM
Am I the only person that thinks Kryptview is fantastic?

It never goes down......in 3 years I've only had to upgrade once....compare that to the other 2 boxes I have which go down regularly (Starview, DB).

Why did they stop making KV?

i also think this box is fantastic, thye do not seem to be so troublesome as other boxes. if you were to read through threads, you will see most of the problems on other makes are scan related lost channels and frequencyies moved etc etc, the kryptview ability to scan in stanby knocks out all them probs. the kryptview support is second to none so firmware updates do seem to be a regular occurance to counteract any problems reported. I have both 700 and 750 and yes they stopped making the 700 but as cactikid says the 750 is still being produced but it has proved so popular they are so much in demand and caused a shortage

steve3123
24th August, 2009, 07:17 PM
i also think this box is fantastic, thye do not seem to be so troublesome as other boxes. if you were to read through threads, you will see most of the problems on other makes are scan related lost channels and frequencyies moved etc etc, the kryptview ability to scan in stanby knocks out all them probs. the kryptview support is second to none so firmware updates do seem to be a regular occurance to counteract any problems reported. I have both 700 and 750 and yes they stopped making the 700 but as cactikid says the 750 is still being produced but it has proved so popular they are so much in demand and caused a shortage

now my box is working i think its rather cool too :party :

stroner
24th August, 2009, 07:24 PM
The only boxes to stay out of the cloners grips....wonder why!!

Ingenious bit of circuit and software desighn:congrats:

It never goes down......in 3 years I've only had to upgrade once
WOW you must of had your box 12 months before they were released lol!!!

Which keyroll method change did your box survive then!...the April 08 or Nov 08? lol

cactikid
24th August, 2009, 07:35 PM
just wait for the next model hd version on test at the moment.due september.

PoshWindle
24th August, 2009, 08:30 PM
WOW you must of had your box 12 months before they were released lol!!!

Yep - you're right, I've had a starview for about 3 years and got a kryptview when they first came out as recommended by my sat shop so it is around 2 years.

I think I've only had to update the KV once, but it may be because I was using the Starview as a main viewer and the KV in a spare room and therefore didn't get used much.