PDA

View Full Version : 2008 BMW E63 (M6) - need help

angelo44
5th April, 2016, 04:14 AM
Hello DK!

What is required to adjust a 2008 or 2009 E63? This is a M6 car. I assume dash + CAS2 as a minimum (direct, no OBD). What else should be looked after in this model (EWS/TPMS/ABS?) Its a US car.

Thanks!!
A

angelo44
6th April, 2016, 02:01 AM
Hello friends...

No one has some experience with this model, that can share....?

Thanks again,
A

vageric
6th April, 2016, 05:43 AM
no different then others bmw.

angelo44
7th April, 2016, 01:32 AM
I am not familiar with BMWs.... for instance, does this model have a EWS that has to be removed.... or by OBD using a tool.... etc...

Thx,
A

diagtech
7th April, 2016, 02:15 AM
Depends what tool but dash and cas 3+ will need doing then erase errors should be ok

MV auto
7th April, 2016, 11:08 PM
you have mileage in speedometer (35080 ) + cas Module + key+ DSG/TRANSMISSION MODULE + CENTER GATEWAY + DME + DSC + FRM + IHKA + MAINTENANCE + AIF + YOU HAVE TO CLEAR ALL DTC STORED AND PRESENT . SOME OF THESE MODULES WILL CHANGE MILEAGE BY DRIVING THE CAR AND SOME YOU WILL HAVE TO DO MANUALLY... sorry for caps lock, was a copy/paste of some note. if it would be 4x4, VTG module also stored odo value. but no 4x4 in M series...

look for last battery registration... look in energy diagnosis to make sure no value hidden there... also there is a check control message history... all this with ista-d.

angelo44
8th April, 2016, 02:11 AM
Hi MVauto, many thanks for the detailed response!! I am sure other DK members will appreciate this thread..

Now a question for the Pros out there: if ISTA/D can do all that majic, why would somebody consider an expensive Abrites tool?? Can it re-program the Key for example? If not, what is recommended to update the Key value?

MV auto
8th April, 2016, 04:35 PM
who said ISTA-D could do that? you VERIFY with ista-d, not change...
as I said, some module will update while driving, some you have to do manually (with AVDI, bmw commander etc. or via programmer).
you than check with ISTA-D for hidden value that you forgot or confirm that it is clean as a whistle...

angelo44
11th April, 2016, 02:30 AM
This is great info - thanks so much!

So AVDI is a requirement. Since the original is price prohibitive, how good is a $600 clone?

MV auto
11th April, 2016, 02:59 AM
no idea... good enough i guess. but if you are going the 1000$+ way, take a look at bmw explorer instead... seems a better tool than AVDI to do just odometer.

angelo44
12th April, 2016, 03:44 AM
Any trusted/recommended sources for the bmw explorer? I got quite a few paper weights from various suppliers selling crap...... prefer to go with someone that is known to provide quality product.

Thx
A

MV auto
12th April, 2016, 04:32 PM
hum... original stuff? http://en.auto-explorer.com/

markony79
12th April, 2016, 08:44 PM
dash and cas , supposed to do on the table ,
dash new km, cas 0km , can use nyo4 or can do with tachosoft on the cas
then errased the errors, and history errors,

but in ecu MSS65 is will still have old km , dont know how to changed ....any obd with can options can see original km in ecu , like some china tool , but its strange , the ISTA D ( original bmw tool) , can not see it

Speedosoft
14th April, 2016, 01:46 PM
Markony79, when is the last time you tried on a MS65? And if you did it recently, did you use the latest version?
To my knowledge all DMEs (on cars with cas2/cas3) are covered except the Mini cooper's 1722.6 one...which I do manually but it's a b**** to do (opening the ecu plus dealing with the tricore cpu).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelo44
16th April, 2016, 01:04 AM
Thanks Speedosoft. So what ISTA D soft version would be able to read? Would ISTA/D 3.53.13 be considered recent?

Speedosoft
16th April, 2016, 06:37 AM
Well I was referring to BMW explorer that can change it (km in ecu) but speaking of Ista it can see everything but sometimes you just have to create a fault and any version will display the details of it which includes km info. Also dealers frequently pull up FASTA data and there you will see everything...even engine tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk