PDA

View Full Version : Limited connectivity wireless

angrycat
24th August, 2009, 07:30 PM
My network is allowing me to local access only have reset router but till limited connectivity had this prob before am pi--ed off as everytime i try to get on internet this happens and then t have to try and get on an unsecured network
can somebody explain how to reset my laptop settings maybe this could be the problem

Bulld0g
24th August, 2009, 07:45 PM
Make sure your firewall isn't stopping you connecting to the internet. I had the same problem a few days ago and discovered it was my firewall blocking me.

angrycat
24th August, 2009, 10:47 PM
my firewall is off and still having the same problem

angrycat
24th August, 2009, 11:12 PM
well ive reset modem and router now im connected to my network but its not secure ill try ip addy and see if i can connect to website

angrycat
24th August, 2009, 11:34 PM
Ive now got network security but i have done this before a it seems something bloks the signal obviously by resetting both ur modem and router sorts the problem out although it might be temp situation

dasteph
24th August, 2009, 11:52 PM
My network is allowing me to local access only have reset router but till limited connectivity had this prob before am pi--ed off as everytime i try to get on internet this happens and then t have to try and get on an unsecured network
can somebody explain how to reset my laptop settings maybe this could be the problem

if you are using vista go to network and sharing center and click on view status and then check status on the IPv4 connectivity which should say internet, also click on details and make sure your default gateway is the ip address of your wireless router.

you could make sure in properties that the internet protocol you are using is version 4 and not 6.

anishti600
23rd September, 2009, 07:58 PM
hi you can try to check your DHCP settings and set it to a shorter lease time (eg: form 1 week to 1day)on ur router basically ur router is not giving ur laptop a vaild ip address by changing the lease time on the router may cure the problem.