PDA

View Full Version : MPPS no volts on software

2.4jtd
16th April, 2016, 09:30 AM
ok its been a while since ive played with my MPPS, i used to use it to tune my alfa 156 1.9 16v JTDm so i know it used to work

i have recently bought another alfa 156 so thought id dig out the old mpps and get tuning again

i have no reason to believe its broken while in a cupboard so im happy to use it again, but im having a problem getting it working with my car

so far i installed the software from the disc on a windows 7 laptop with no joy.... has a dim red light on the aluminium box and nothing highlights on the software to click on, so i tried it on windows vista and xp and both have had more joy with the red light becoming brighter and some buttons been highlighted to click on via the software, but it says no ecu found when trying to connect to my ecu

now if my memory is correct i remember that if it doesnt show volts on the software it wont connect.... is this correct???

also something is telling me that the software on the cd isnt the correct one, and i had to use another one.... could this be the case???

the software on the disc is 3.0.2.37...... is this the wrong one???? and if i use another software will it block my mpps???

hope i can get a simple fix to this :)