PDA

View Full Version : Should I see VM HD channels with 500C

The Living Legend
25th August, 2009, 08:49 PM
I have a 500c dk1.1 and can receive all VM channels. I am thinking about buying an 800c with cable tuner but I can't see any obvious HD channels on the 500c. Can anyone advise, please?

billy2
25th August, 2009, 10:11 PM
you will only get HD channels with a hd box m8

cgscott
25th August, 2009, 10:43 PM
BBC HD
Living HD
Channel 4 HD
FX HD
MTVN HD
National Geographic HD
ESPN HD

Thats all you get but i reckon more to come soon.

The Living Legend
26th August, 2009, 07:52 AM
you will only get HD channels with a hd box m8

I understand that I won't be able to see and use the HD channels unless I have an HD box but there's no point in buying a box if I can't see the channels. So should I be able to see the channels on my 500c or are they invisible unless I have an HD box?

satman
26th August, 2009, 08:41 AM
You need a dvb-c2 tuner to pick them up in scan,

you may pick up bbcHD and itvhd in scan now because there slighlty different, but you cant view them
the rest you need the hd tuner to pick up.

Bonesy
26th August, 2009, 09:11 AM
you cant view hd channel via a standard box..must be hd. so on your 500c hd channels will be blank.

satman
26th August, 2009, 09:26 AM
you cant view hd channel via a standard box..must be hd. so on your 500c hd channels will be blank.

Well actually you can, but it requires streaming it to a powerfull computer and watching in VLC!,, but notherless, he asking why he doesnt pick the new ones up in a scan,, because there sent in dvb-c2 and only a HD tuner will pick em up.

Bonesy
26th August, 2009, 11:34 AM
Well actually you can, but it requires streaming it to a powerfull computer and watching in VLC!,, but notherless, he asking why he doesnt pick the new ones up in a scan,, because there sent in dvb-c2 and only a HD tuner will pick em up.

You are of course correct:)