PDA

View Full Version : EDC17U01 help needed

daniel guerra
21st April, 2016, 11:01 PM
Hi all,

I need you help if possible, in the past i did a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI with ECU EDC17U01, I did in boot mode made a full back up. I've used KESS 2.08 for this but i didn't split the flies. I've read a separate flash, used flash for modes and DPF off. Car had some problems with Turbo. I've write the ORI file with Kess everything was okay. Customer tried the car, we came to conclusions we wanted for the turbo problem.

My Kess ran out of tokens, and i didn't had the tool to reset it, I've used KTAG 2.10 to write the file that had in first place, everything went okay with writing, i've connect the ECU and no joy, car doesn't start, i've tried to write again, and KTAG doesn't recognise the ECU, i won't allow me to write any file back, only allows me to read it.

I've called a friend with X17 and in fact we wrote the same file, and at the end it did not wrote anything because the values were the same. With X17 my Friend is able to identify, read and write, i'm not able to with my Kess and KTAG.

Does anyone have any idea what my problem is?

As matter of fact i've a spare ECU Can anyone help me to do immo off?

Thanks in advance

cawadany
21st April, 2016, 11:43 PM
You can't use kess files to write with ktag.

mihaiservice
22nd April, 2016, 12:00 AM
Hi
upload your file...also i can help to restore flash file in ecu if you have VasPc/ODIS interface !

daniel guerra
22nd April, 2016, 01:01 AM
Thanks for your replies, I do have VASPC but honestly i never use it, i normally use VAG for diagnosis. Well i can try use the VAS. It shouldn't be difficult. Find attached Flash, and full back up.

cawadany
You can't use kess files to write with ktag.
If files are same size, why shouldn't i write file with KTAG? I'm not saying the full back up, these are different i know.

mihaiservice
22nd April, 2016, 08:01 AM
Hi
your complet backup are cripted,can you unpack the file ?

daniel guerra
22nd April, 2016, 09:20 AM
I only I've the files from KTAG, with Kess i only i've the that cryptic file thanks for your help!

mihaiservice
22nd April, 2016, 11:31 AM
Your files from Ktag are just emthy data,all are 00 00 00 in all files from Ktag

daniel guerra
22nd April, 2016, 11:49 AM
Sorry i think the other attachment got corrupted.

371230 i think this one is okay

mihaiservice
22nd April, 2016, 03:54 PM
I have repair your file,are a small problem with first OTP area,from $10000 to $13FFF wich are missing !
The second OTP area from $14000 to $17FFF are "alive" in Ktag file,you are the lucky one :) !
Write this file and if not are any differences in first OTP area than your car will start for sure
The best tool to write the file are Fgtech or X17

daniel guerra
22nd April, 2016, 04:37 PM
I'll test it and I'll let you know, thanks for your help!!!

cawadany
22nd April, 2016, 05:22 PM
Thanks for your replies, I do have VASPC but honestly i never use it, i normally use VAG for diagnosis. Well i can try use the VAS. It shouldn't be difficult. Find attached Flash, and full back up.

If files are same size, why shouldn't i write file with KTAG? I'm not saying the full back up, these are different i know.

Because kess flash reading is not complete like as in ktag.
This is why you have locked the ecu.

mihaiservice
22nd April, 2016, 08:01 PM
Compare file and will see were are the problem...

daniel guerra
22nd April, 2016, 11:26 PM
Thanks problem solved! Appreciate your support!!!

mihaiservice
23rd April, 2016, 08:06 AM
De nada senor !