PDA

View Full Version : Illegal downloaders face internet ban

gmb45
26th August, 2009, 05:59 AM
COMPUTER users who illegally download films and music will have their internet CUT OFF under plans unveiled yesterday.

Lord Mandelson ordered the crackdown weeks after meeting a US movie boss on holiday in Corfu. It sparked speculation that the business secretary had struck a deal to protect the industries.

Two months ago the Government shied away from banning "pirates" in its Digital Britain report - planning instead to issue warning letters and then slow down users' connections.

But yesterday, Lord Mandelson's ministry promised tougher rules, saying that those who swap copyrighted files will have their connection cut and be blacklisted.

The move angered campaigners who claim it undermines the Government's pledge of broadband access for all.

And it engulfed Lord Mandelson in a fresh "favours for friends" row.

He already faces questions over his Corfu meeting with Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi's son - days before the Lockerbie bomber was freed.

On the same trip the peer met Hollywood mogul David Geffen, a critic of illegal file-sharing.

Jim Killock, head of the Open Rights Group, said: "This U-turn seems to have taken place after a few private conversations."

golddiger
26th August, 2009, 09:27 AM
Mandalson meddling again looking after his cronies and pension, kick him out never elected in the first place.

bvilleuk
14th September, 2009, 01:13 PM
Well said Golddiger!! My sentiments entirely....

Mandelson is an Interfering busybody with a load of skeletons in his OWN cupboard...........

He must be doing something for somebody !!

Meanwhile back in the story -- are VM going to cut me and my substantial monthly payments off [for the last 11 years]
because I downloaded some old movies ?? Very Likely........

^^TommyTee
14th September, 2009, 05:04 PM
hey

dear mr mandelson i hope the holiday was nice i hope

Abdel Basset al-Megrahi is ok have the lybians given you

some shares in oil (a nestegg) for the future ...........

you know when your no longer in power and doing dodgy

deals......

sooooo 1 there going too kill connections hmmmmm

vm bt sky etc etc are going too loose how many customers ?

haha

closing all donald ducks too lol

ah well good look mandy

i will be still RAPIN boxes while your on a saudi beach

discussing which investigation needs too be got rid of

salam likum

your,s faithfully Reverand Shufflebucket

roflmao