26th April, 2016, 11:53 AM
Hello

I have made Egr Off/dpf off in this car

9653958980 1263 1320
08-03-18
1039S20163
RBCMMDEDC16C34CEM 00
EDC16C34

Worked good for some weeks, now it seems Egr is not only clogged ( first issue), it is bad itself and returns U1208 error.
It causes comm problem with Abs and ligths up Esr/ Handbrake fault etc...( Its C4 picasso)

Ive checked every wire that tipically brokes comms between Abs/Ecu and show this fault....OK

I can diag ok Abs, Handbrake (no fault inside) ...Ok
So in my opinion I need a Mod that let me to discconect completelly Egr and of course that dont show all these associated errors.
My solution was working good but now I need to try Egr disconected, if you could simply modify it so I can let Egr disconnected.

Ive seen lot os issues as mine, even today Ive disconnected Egr in another same car and inmediatelly shows Abs /Esr /Handbrake fault.

Really thanks beforehand

vasko
28th April, 2016, 08:47 AM
before 1 mount i have same problem with c4 1.6hdi i remove soft egr and disconnect egr plug...when start car show abs ecu no communication...i connect egr plug and no fault code....try to connect plug and seen fault codes

GolfmkI
3rd May, 2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks Vasko but seems in my particular case it is not working, Ive even checked wiring, but car run ok with this Mod for several weeks before coming back with this error...

Most anoying is thats not the first C4 Picasso with Egr Off...and never had this problem ( even this car run before).

I think it depends on the status of valve....( blocked/burned/Hw problem/wiring)....

Seems now I need solution that allow to disconnect sensor...

Ive tried removing Dtcs in flash manually:

P0409
P0490
P1459
P1351

Car now is not showing errors in Engine Ecu at all!!!

But in Esp in the same as always !!!
U1208 and it deactivate Asr/Handbrake functions.:torn:

In fact error is especifically in Esp. Handbrake does not show errors.
It simply dont work with Auto Function.

I think sholud be a way in this car to solve this issue.

I am pretty sure it is related with torque.
This info is relevant to working Handbrake and Esp...some Info should be changed when Egr Off .

But at this moment I have not Knowledge.

Sure someone had this problem before, There are many C4 Picasso on the road :)

Can anyone help me??

Thanks beforehand

CustomCars
3rd May, 2016, 07:39 PM
Can't remove this error from ecu, it's malfunction problem.

I think you using some automatical EGR remove software and i see your solution is misstype, EGR still try working.
And that's not allow you disconnect plug, for it solution is more advance and needed edit related signal in table and sure problem will be solved, with plug disconnected.
Check damos for all egr signal in malfunction condition effect table.

If you don't wanna play with it correct only hyst, and leave plug alone..

GolfmkI
4th May, 2016, 09:44 AM
Customcars:

Ive used Hysteresis method as in many other EDC16C34 .

This doesnt allow me to disconnect Egr...

Didnt use any software.

I am going to recheck it now but I remember I made manual Mod with winols .

Perhaps I made a mistake ...but this car was running ok with it.

Could be simply (as I said before) Egr is now not only clogged, but also broken and needs a more advanced solution.

Any help will be appreciated.

CustomCars
4th May, 2016, 10:20 AM
Car will be work with bad, but you will be able see changes in egr valve in diagnostic - check that.
If not electrical failure plug no needed be disconnected, with correct hyst no work anymore.. only basic measure what can be delete by DTC

when plug off needed remove relation in limp mode structure.
Give feedback about your diagnostic measure, then i will be able help and you will see difference

stanislav georgiev
4th May, 2016, 01:33 PM
Maybe this is the solution

CustomCars
4th May, 2016, 02:15 PM

Much better, not misstyped, but cutted to much, but that no matter can be.
Will not help with disconnect plug, but... 100% egr not working connected now

GolfmkI
6th May, 2016, 03:08 PM
Car is running fine now with this dump.

Ive simply removed a couple Dtcs manually to make a perfect job.

I am really thanked everyone, and really special to those helping me in this thread.

BRMTDI
16th November, 2018, 07:55 PM
Need some help with a file, helping my Mate, since he was having issues logging into his DK account...

File has egr off but still u1208 fault code in abs/esp,can somebody edit the file so the egr doesn't effect the abs

Any one that can help, would be much appreciated.

dangell88
18th December, 2018, 08:43 PM
could you send me the rar

chli1976
5th September, 2019, 12:51 PM
Car is running fine now with this dump.

Ive simply removed a couple Dtcs manually to make a perfect job.

I am really thanked everyone, and really special to those helping me in this thread.

Your U1208 error in ABS comes from a bad dump

Have a Picasso with errors P0401, P0409, P0490, P1459 all EGR errors and in ABS i have U1208, but have done nothing with the engine ECU.
Your U1208 error in ABS comes from bad EGR off ?

rainman05
4th February, 2023, 12:24 PM
C4 PICASSO (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/525187-C4-PICASSO-ABS-ESR-U1208-ERROR)940650940651940652940653ESR U1208 ERROR (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/525187-C4-PICASSO-ABS-ESR-U1208-ERROR)