PDA

View Full Version : Renault Clio 3 RNR1CX

PartyTwist
28th April, 2016, 10:40 AM
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me the code + clear the counter on Renault Clio 3 radio. Even after 1h of ign on it says LOCKED. It locked itself after the instrument cluster went bonkers. I have replaced the cluster and coded the VIN in the cluster - still no dice. Now if someone could tell me the code and clear the counter - that would be great!

Attached 24c128 read.

RNR1CXA3193151
RENR1B102-00

T384

shooting
28th April, 2016, 10:46 AM
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me the code + clear the counter on Renault Clio 3 radio. Even after 1h of ign on it says LOCKED. It locked itself after the instrument cluster went bonkers. I have replaced the cluster and coded the VIN in the cluster - still no dice. Now if someone could tell me the code and clear the counter - that would be great!

Attached 24c128 read.

RNR1CXA3193151
RENR1B102-00

T384
This radio is VIN coded, you need to post the car's VIN number too
T384 = 6693

wbr

PartyTwist
28th April, 2016, 11:14 AM
Hello, radio is original to this car and so the VIN is correct in the dump. Ending with 4214.

I guess there're only two possibilities left, either the radio compleatly locked and I need counter clear or there's some communication problems with the new instrument cluster and radio. There're no problems seen on the diagnostics. Only radio has DTC about "Unit Locked".

shooting
28th April, 2016, 11:23 AM
Hello, radio is original to this car and so the VIN is correct in the dump. Ending with 4214.

I guess there're only two possibilities left, either the radio compleatly locked and I need counter clear or there's some communication problems with the new instrument cluster and radio. There're no problems seen on the diagnostics. Only radio has DTC about "Unit Locked".

Check the VIN in the Cluster, sometimes if this is incorrect the radio shows "LOCKED", not sure where the reset is tho..

code is 6693 (From Dump & Serial)

wbr

PartyTwist
29th April, 2016, 08:40 AM
Thanks for your info. I'm attaching the current dump from the Cluster.

Also the "new" cluster is significantly older than the original one. Car is ~MY2011 and "new" Cluster is ~MY2009. The PCBs are quite different. So I guess this could be a problem.
Another question, so usually to replace this radio you "just" have to get the Code and change the VIN (+checksum I presume) and it works? There're no additional sync bits like in Opel?

Again, any help is highly appreciated.

shooting
29th April, 2016, 08:53 AM
Thanks for your info. I'm attaching the current dump from the Cluster.

Also the "new" cluster is significantly older than the original one. Car is ~MY2011 and "new" Cluster is ~MY2009. The PCBs are quite different. So I guess this could be a problem.
Another question, so usually to replace this radio you "just" have to get the Code and change the VIN (+checksum I presume) and it works? There're no additional sync bits like in Opel?

Again, any help is highly appreciated.

In the cluster did you just add the vin or use the entire dump?
If you just changed the vin I suggest using the whole dump as the checksums might be wrong

wbr

PartyTwist
29th April, 2016, 11:21 AM
Yes I just changed the VIN. And then I used nyo to adjust the mileage in hopes that it will calculate checksum. I don't know, the whole dump looks tquite different between the Clusters. Also the PCB is quite different between clusters + I don't know what actually happened with the old cluster and why it went bonkers. Will try, thanks for all the great info!

shooting
29th April, 2016, 12:51 PM
Yes I just changed the VIN. And then I used nyo to adjust the mileage in hopes that it will calculate checksum. I don't know, the whole dump looks tquite different between the Clusters. Also the PCB is quite different between clusters + I don't know what actually happened with the old cluster and why it went bonkers. Will try, thanks for all the great info!

You can't Mix&Match clusters, you need to replace Like for Like, then copy the dump from one to the other, problem solved ;)

wbr

PartyTwist
3rd June, 2016, 07:05 AM
Just to confirm, customer got another dash, closer in model year to what it had before and radio started working without any changes to the dump. I later adjusted mileage and VIN and it still works. So weird setup, why does it communicate with dash and then doesen't even check VIN/anything.

Thanks for your help shooting.