PDA

View Full Version : GARMIN MAPS HELP!!

stuwho
26th August, 2009, 05:42 PM
I downloaded a garmin USA maps torrent, as I'm going on holiday there later this year, & I've now got an image file. I put this onto a micro SD card & put it in the micro SD slot in my sat nav, as I read that a lot of the map updates actually come on SD cards, so I thought this what I had to do. But all I got was "downloading maps" on the screen of my sat nav. I left this for hours & nothing happened. http://fora.demonoid.com/Smileys/default/huh.gif . I then downloaded another torrent for the same maps but can't unlock it. Any help
Also meant to say, I seem to have a problem linking my sat nav to my computer, it doesn't recognise it for some reason, so that's why I was trying to put it on with the micro SD card.

daithi
5th September, 2009, 06:23 PM
hi bonnie go to garmins website and connect and register your sat nav follow the steps they give ya and download the software they give ya for your laptop

you can then check what updates are available for your sat nav the one you downloaded might not be compatable with your sat nav

post a link of the map ya downloaded
i no the one i downloaded i had to change the name of it and put it in a folder on the sd card

sachinlall
5th September, 2009, 06:45 PM
you have to do it throughgarmin site.