PDA

View Full Version : 08 sprinter ESL emulator (codecard)

MV auto
2nd May, 2016, 05:52 PM
Hey guys!

I have a 2008 sprinter. customer bring me a second hand EZS to transfer data as the original was not turning.
I transfer eeprom data, tried on bench (with EZS and ESL) and key failed to turn the first few time.
remove power, gave power back, and after a few try, ESL finally unlock and key turned. so my guess is I have a defective ESL (intermittent symptom).

I have ordered from codecard their ESL emulator (LOCKemu, as I have tried first their uniemu without success, they told me I need lockEMU).
at first try, I solder the first bridge, but after a failed attempt, I realized the install picture I was looking at was for a crafter. so remove bridge and solder second bridge but same result.

I have wrote to codecard support, but no comeback in the last 5 days.

anyone can confirm their emulator works?
also, is it locked on a vehicle once you try it or you can use on many vehicle to confirm it is really the ESL that is defective everytime?

MV auto
3rd May, 2016, 02:33 PM
just got a reply from codecard...
they say emulator works on mercedes sprinter but not on dodge sprinter.
my truck is badge as a freightliner, but it is a Sprinter W906... aren't they all use the same part for EZS/ESL anyways?

mercis
3rd May, 2016, 03:27 PM
same esl,sprinter crafter

tunertool
3rd May, 2016, 07:56 PM
i ordered a batch of 10 of these some time ago and none of them worked!! look at another brand codecard product doesnt work 100% it seems.

MV auto
4th May, 2016, 04:38 AM
yeah... codecard seems pretty dodgy on the situation. "all emulator are tested... we never said it worked on dodge sprinter..." and so on... I'll probably find a MERCEDES sprinter 2008-2013 to confirm that it still doesn't work (or that it is!)... I hate to think that those kind of supplier would not be backing their product. should I continue buying from them? all the emulator, the can blocker, the cable that often create problems... how can I trust them if it continue that way. I guess good supplier are hard to find those days... shipment of 2 lockEMU in an envelope took 3 week to arrive at my place, try it, not working... contacting them, no answer... open paypal dispute; 4 minute later reply came in. -_- only to tell me something like: just probably because dodge...

anyone can back their product? (mostly CAN blocker and emulator) ...maybe it will help me to not lose faith in them.
thanks for your input guys!!
...and sorry for my questionable english. :)

avital
4th May, 2016, 09:40 AM
Hi

If car is Dodge SPRINTER, lot of emulators ESL MB will not work, this "hybrid MB+VW+DODGE" use other commands for communication with ESL and SW in these modules.

moneymaker2
7th February, 2018, 12:11 AM
I repair EIS/EZS for Sprinters and a lot of emulators do not work on W906, W203 and W209 they have lead me up the garden path many times.
I have bought many Chines, Julie and Codec and they are all touch and go. The best EIS/EZS tester for Sprinter W906 and Vito W630 on the bench can be forund on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Sprinter-W906-EIS-EZS-TEST-KIT-MB-EIS-Test-Platform-for-Sprinter/253387314894?hash=item3aff0f96ce:g:zkIAAOSwXf1aaNm t

Hope this helps