PDA

View Full Version : Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm EGR DPF OFF

JPOne
4th May, 2016, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Alfa which has EGR and DPF OFF by a previous owner...the changes were made by a professional tuner, but from looking at DAMOS, it looks to me that changes were made by some kind of automatic EGR and DPF remover (probably ecusafe or volta) because a lot of addresses are changed.

I have found an ORI file online and made my own version of DPF and EGR off, but this is the first time I encounter with EDC16, so please compare my and tuner file and comment if I made something wrong. In the rar file I have provided you ORI file, tuner version, my version, mappack and excel file with changes.

Also I am very interested in why did he change the map at $1C356C and what is it exactly for?

JPOne
7th May, 2016, 03:50 PM
Anybody please?

teamtuner
8th May, 2016, 06:43 AM
in fact...what is the problem with this car?
did you tested your mod file?...
the tuner mod file is maded partial manual and with ASC software....if your car work ok without errors,why you try to do something else?

JPOne
8th May, 2016, 03:22 PM
Hi,

thank you very much for response

the car runs fine, but I am reading all over the internet that when you turn off dpf you shouldn't delete any DTC if it is done proper way...in tuner file, I can see that he deleted some DTC-s, so I have tried to correct this and do it propper way...I didn't test the file because I don't know if I have done it completely correct way

Kind Regards

teamtuner
8th May, 2016, 05:00 PM
Hi,

thank you very much for response

the car runs fine, but I am reading all over the internet that when you turn off dpf you shouldn't delete any DTC if it is done proper way...in tuner file, I can see that he deleted some DTC-s, so I have tried to correct this and do it propper way...I didn't test the file because I don't know if I have done it completely correct way

Kind Regards
mate...logically....if you have not now dpf because you canceled...why to have the DTC for this dpf actives on list?...what sense?...will neved do a diagnostic now for >dPF...so,no sense

JPOne
9th May, 2016, 10:06 AM
Ok I can agree with that, but not all DTC-s that are turned off are DPF related...the tuner turned off some errors regarding Boost pressure control, CAN node monitoring, Rail pressure, etc...so the best solution will be that I restore those DTC-s, leave DTC-s that are DPF related turned off and leave the rest of the map untouched?

Thank you very much for your time

mario38
9th May, 2016, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Alfa which has EGR and DPF OFF by a previous owner...the changes were made by a professional tuner, but from looking at DAMOS, it looks to me that changes were made by some kind of automatic EGR and DPF remover (probably ecusafe or volta) because a lot of addresses are changed.

I have found an ORI file online and made my own version of DPF and EGR off, but this is the first time I encounter with EDC16, so please compare my and tuner file and comment if I made something wrong. In the rar file I have provided you ORI file, tuner version, my version, mappack and excel file with changes.

Also I am very interested in why did he change the map at $1C356C and what is it exactly for?

1c356c address is egr curve .. in this case was brought to the maximum value but this is useless on edc16 ..
fap off the file is incorrect when you run a diagnosis, you can see that fap clogging is not 0% ..
egr off seems ok but it must operate in electric mode with connected plug ..
if you want to disconnect the plug in this case is not possible .. to do this you have to delete the dtc with disconnected plug ...

JPOne
9th May, 2016, 05:24 PM
Hi,

thanks for response I will leave the EGR as it is...I just want it closed, I don't have to remove it

can you help me to turn off dpf propper way? I know there is Switch at address 1DE032 that "Indicates the presence of DPF and Lambda sensor in the vehicle" it will show no dpf in multiecuscan...did you thought about that?

Regards

JPOne
13th May, 2016, 08:31 AM
Can somebody else give me a hint or post another Alfa/Fiat edc16c39 file that has dpf off done properly so that I can compare it to mine?

pike
19th May, 2016, 05:51 PM
Can somebody else give me a hint or post another Alfa/Fiat edc16c39 file that has dpf off done properly so that I can compare it to mine?

I have solution for Ducato up to 2008 edc16c39. This will help?

JPOne
19th May, 2016, 07:02 PM
Hi,

I have found the solution, but you can post the file anyway for comparision in case I something missed....thanks :)