PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav on nokia n85

archer_staffs
27th August, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hi all,

Any chance of some help for a newbie?

I have a nokia N85, upgraded from my old n95 where my tomtom navigator 6 is installed.

As I've installed the TT6 software on a few phones I can no longer install it on my new n85.

So, I'm after another sat nav option for the phone.

Tried to download both TTn6 and Mcguider but both fail in the installation from the files I've taken from the net.

Now, I've got loads of files from both aps on my memory card and no working sat nav. Any ideas?

I'm off to Italy on Saturday so could really do with a working sat nav by then.

I think I need help in:
-removing all the files (god know's what should/shouldn't be there)
-getting the right files for a n85
-installing and getting it working

A big ask!

Thanks a lot

Tim

Edit - I've downloaded the TTn6 aplication and map from the sticky thread above and all seemed fine but on installing i got a message saying "invalid certificate" any thoughts on what I should/can do?

Thanks

Tim

aammjj
28th August, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hi all,

Any chance of some help for a newbie?

I have a nokia N85, upgraded from my old n95 where my tomtom navigator 6 is installed.

As I've installed the TT6 software on a few phones I can no longer install it on my new n85.

So, I'm after another sat nav option for the phone.

Tried to download both TTn6 and Mcguider but both fail in the installation from the files I've taken from the net.

Now, I've got loads of files from both aps on my memory card and no working sat nav. Any ideas?

I'm off to Italy on Saturday so could really do with a working sat nav by then.

I think I need help in:
-removing all the files (god know's what should/shouldn't be there)
-getting the right files for a n85
-installing and getting it working

A big ask!

Thanks a lot

Tim

Edit - I've downloaded the TTn6 aplication and map from the sticky thread above and all seemed fine but on installing i got a message saying "invalid certificate" any thoughts on what I should/can do?

Thanks

Tim

Yes try to get a valid certificate valid for your mobile phone.

please look here:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f42/sygic-mcguider-7-71-windows-mobile-52067/

point 4 below issue certificate.

Regards

archer_staffs
29th August, 2009, 01:57 PM
cheers for that but is there a way of doing it with TT rather tan Mcguider? just prefer it.

Thanks

Tim