PDA

View Full Version : netgear locked

angrycat
28th August, 2009, 12:34 AM
Iv'e been given a netgear router but how do i remove the security key/ pass or find it to connect up with my laptop ?

caveman_nige
28th August, 2009, 12:38 AM
Iv'e been given a netgear router but how do i remove the security key/ pass or find it to connect up with my laptop ?

best to reset it with the recessed reset button on the back and start from fresh

angrycat
28th August, 2009, 12:42 AM
ive done this but still asks for secure key/.pass

caveman_nige
28th August, 2009, 12:51 AM
you mean the default logon for the router?

try 'admin' and 'password'

angrycat
28th August, 2009, 09:03 PM
doesnt work admin or password when i connect says security enabled enter key or phrase

al7amed
28th August, 2009, 09:07 PM
I think you could find something about it on youtube :)

angrycat
28th August, 2009, 10:53 PM
I think you could find something about it on youtube :)
Id expect to find the information and help im looking for here at Digital Kaos?
ps i have looked at u tube setting up wireless network carn't be bothered hoping to find the solution here :hmmmm2:
signing off now going to bed spent far too long rumaging around websites for answers

caveman_nige
28th August, 2009, 11:04 PM
what is the model number of the router?

dasteph
28th August, 2009, 11:21 PM

to gain the pass phrase you need to know the ip of the router normally it will be something like 192.168.1.2 then you will be asked for a user name and password you do this in web browser. the person you got of should give you that info.

once in the router you find the pass-phrase in the wireless settings

you will have to connect to the router with a cable in order to access the router.

the link might explain it better than me http://www.ultimateone.co.uk/article/netgearrouteripaddress

angrycat
29th August, 2009, 03:03 PM
Model no Netgear g router WGR614 v9 No setup c/d came with this router or information

dasteph
29th August, 2009, 03:22 PM
link to connect to your model of router.

Problem setting up my netgear WGR614v9 - FixYa (http://www.fixya.com/support/t1478745-problem_setting_up_netgear_wgr614v9)

angrycat
30th August, 2009, 05:21 PM
Hi well still avin probs with connecting to internet via my router modem, ive configuired everything. The diagnostic check says there could be a firewall policy blocking the way i turned off my firewall to no avail of course local connect simply means no connection whatsoever! my minds at rest help please someone:argh:

dasteph
30th August, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hi well still avin probs with connecting to internet via my router modem, ive configuired everything. The diagnostic check says there could be a firewall policy blocking the way i turned off my firewall to no avail of course local connect simply means no connection whatsoever! my minds at rest help please someone:argh:

is it the pc firewall or the router firewall you have turned off.

nevovx
31st August, 2009, 01:02 AM
If the blocking is on router end and not the pc end check the "content filtering" in router config.

see image for more details.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WGR614v9/WGR614v93.jpg

angrycat
31st August, 2009, 06:50 PM
Ive reset modem and router and through a diagnoistic check i now have probs finding dns sever domain mns.co.uk

angrycat
1st September, 2009, 08:09 PM
sorted everything assigned a static address ip whew!!
i guess you get there in the end:coffee: