PDA

View Full Version : dodge nitro 2007 93c76 update

Mckinlk
12th May, 2016, 01:35 AM
Orig 105584 miles, need it to be 168368 miles

I'd love to learn the algorithm, I tried searching but all I saw that it was the same as 300c with a checksum, but no details on checksum and couldn't find specifics on 300c...

Then I saw scripts for UPA were made, but couldn't find a version of UPA that would connect with my programmer (EZP2010) or the actual scripts. Any help would be appreciated!

maumaumau
12th May, 2016, 05:30 AM
try to contact user hcip,she knows perfect the algo and checksum,she helped me a while ago with the same problem

Rerouter
12th May, 2016, 05:48 AM
It is a CRC, unless your familiar with the term it will be over your head,

Rerouter
12th May, 2016, 11:16 AM
Here is the file anyway, you guys always seem to pick the hardest algo's to learn on. should be within 25 of desired value,

Mckinlk
12th May, 2016, 12:20 PM
Here is the file anyway, you guys always seem to pick the hardest algo's to learn on. should be within 25 of desired value,

Thanks trying it this morning! Well aware of CRC and encryption just a little difficult without documentation.

Mckinlk
12th May, 2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks trying it this morning! Well aware of CRC and encryption just a little difficult without documentation.

EZP2010 programmer is not writing out to the EEPROM. The write says success, but when I read the values are still original. Gotta go to work, pick this up again tonight...

Mckinlk
13th May, 2016, 02:25 AM
Looks like my programmer is a POS... Hopefully the read copies I have are legit as the original EEPROM is now hosed. I had to desolder to program it as it wouldn't take otherwise. After programming, it appears to be repeating data in ADDR 000 to 170 into 280 to 3F0.

Anyone suggest a cheap reliable programmer...

MV auto
13th May, 2016, 02:46 AM
upa-usb or uusp... cheap and reliable.

Mckinlk
13th May, 2016, 02:58 AM
upa-usb or uusp... cheap and reliable.

Are they all from China? or are those knock-offs?

Mckinlk
24th May, 2016, 02:44 AM

I got a new programmer (a Signstek from Amazon - faster than a USP from China), it appears my previous BIN was byte swapped. I found another dump on the forum for a Nitro that allowed the odometer to boot (as I managed to corrupt both dumps from my old and new cluster). Can someone modify this for 168630 miles.

Rerouter
24th May, 2016, 04:10 AM
Why not just byte swap my solution?

The day tool makers decide on an endianess....

Mckinlk
24th May, 2016, 04:46 PM

I was hoping to have a known good reference (the forum dump that boots). I have minimal confidence in the download I got from my first programmer as there are values mid file that changed between reads.

I'll try what I have tonight, annoying that it can not be programmed in circuit. I haven't tried it installed in the vehicle but rather not risk frying something else.

Mckinlk
24th May, 2016, 10:44 PM

Good deal! Came up at 168,436. Would love to learn more about the algorithm and hex tools people use. I was in the process of manually byte swapping.

Rerouter
25th May, 2016, 08:15 AM
I use Etsmart, and a whole bunch of scripts i wrote for myself,

As for the algorithms, learn the way i did, grab a bunch of files and stare and play with them until it makes sense,