PDA

View Full Version : New to Dreambox DM800

tegster
28th August, 2009, 11:32 AM
I am sure i'm not alone. I've just taken deliver yof a dreambox DM800 and am so confused by it all. I don't understand "keys", "cams" and all the other chat about the boxes.
I have managed to get it up and running and have changed the image although when I updated it over the net it killed the box but its up and running again now with, I think, an enigma image. Its got a lovely picture of the palm islands when it boots.
Anyway, is there a complete idiots guide to everything Dreambox or does someone have the time to slowly educate a willing student. All help will be gratefully received.

.: JaCkPoT :.
28th August, 2009, 05:36 PM
I am sure i'm not alone. I've just taken deliver yof a dreambox DM800 and am so confused by it all. I don't understand "keys", "cams" and all the other chat about the boxes.
I have managed to get it up and running and have changed the image although when I updated it over the net it killed the box but its up and running again now with, I think, an enigma image. Its got a lovely picture of the palm islands when it boots.
Anyway, is there a complete idiots guide to everything Dreambox or does someone have the time to slowly educate a willing student. All help will be gratefully received.

Im sorry but your going to have a hard time with this receiver as they are complex. You would have been better off getting a TM6900 or AZBox. Is it a clone or original? how much was it?

Curious123
30th August, 2009, 11:42 AM
Go to the Cable Dreambox section and read the RED stickies so you can get your head round the technicalties of the dreambox than see if you apply the lesson to the dm800. There are no easy answers to the dreambox it all boils down to reading all the information you can find.