PDA

View Full Version : Corsa D 1.3 CDTI air con

bulld
14th May, 2016, 04:35 PM
Hi Guys,
I went to halfords and got my aircon topped up , Guy said it was full and the gauge he had said the same.
The aircon was very very poor, i can hear the gas evaporating, The radiator fan doesnt come on unless the coolant reaches 100 deg C +.
After a bit of research i am looking at the radiator fan resistor as it doesnt seem to have a low speed.

When the aircon is on surely the radiator fan should be on also ?
Can anyone help with how to check the radiator resistor or any other suggestions.

Yours melting
bulld

Update ... I took out the resistor and it is blown . I ordered a new one and will update this thread when it arrives

bulld
25th May, 2016, 08:05 AM
Ok I got the resistor and replaced it , still the fan doesnt come on when air con is switched on , anyone have any ideas ?

MJRVR
27th May, 2016, 08:16 AM
Get it code read first.
Double check there is enough pressure as won't work unless there is.

bulld
28th May, 2016, 03:17 AM
No fault codes and compressor is working , engine RPM changes when hit aircon , aircon pressure 1200kpa when running for a few mins , problem i think is just the fan isnt running ( i have experience in industrial refrigeration systems)
I just dont know when the fan should be on

MJRVR
28th May, 2016, 11:50 AM
Maybe try this:
look at live data, turn the aircon on and see if it says fan activated?
If it says yes but it's not running theres a problem.
I would guess it should be running to help the condensor liquify the vapour?

synkrotronic
29th May, 2016, 02:52 PM
No fault codes and compressor is working , engine RPM changes when hit aircon , aircon pressure 1200kpa when running for a few mins , problem i think is just the fan isnt running ( i have experience in industrial refrigeration systems)
I just dont know when the fan should be on
The fan works when higher the pressure is,normaly 15 --- 25 bars depending on the pressure sensor and the system installed (any car ).
Pressure is directly proportional to temperature (hight pressure = hight temperature) on condenser.
If sensor is ok,see fuses,relays,information from ecu
Regards

Meat-Head
1st June, 2016, 09:51 PM
Work on therory of, if fan failed, at idle the a/c will cut back out, as

QUOTE, SOME COLLEGE LECTUER:-

"the pressure reaches sky hi, the trianry swutch will shut it diwn
before it blows the frint of car off ir valve dumps pressure"

can yiu grope the pipes?

bulld
4th June, 2016, 12:21 AM
Just to update , i brought the car to an auto aircon shop and they said "never go to halfords"
To charge the system correctly you need to evacuate it and then add the correct weight of gas,
When they evacuated it only 80 grams was removed , they filled it with 450 grams of gas and the system fired right up.
the system after the halfords fill was only giving 12 bar in the condenser , not enough to switch on the low speed fan , but the low speed was also broken , we drove home from aircon guy with icy cold air , unfortunatly we found a leak on the low pressure hose and will repair that shortly
Thanks so much guys for the help