PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 (F15) doesn't start after chiptuning!

hhyayo
15th May, 2016, 02:13 AM
Hello, I have a litte problem and I don't know what I can do to solve it. Today I flashed the ECU from the X5 via "OBD ENET" with CMD (Slave). First I read the pwd via boot, after that I unlock the ENET function and got the first backup. Then I flashed the ECU with the new file, but after the write process the car doesn't start anymore. I tried to use the backup function but it didn't helped. I got a new file from my file seller but have the same problem with it. Now my file seller say I must bring the car to BMW to make an engine ecu update to solve it. But I read it could be the DDE/DME/EWS or the CAS, which need a reset or an adjustment because the battery has been disconnected. It's a EDC17_C50 ECU (258 HP / Year 2015 / X5-3.0D).

But I don't know how I can do that. What programs I need and which versions of that ? Can I make the CAS reset with INPA and use the F25 to connect ? Or e-sys with F15 PsdZData ? Maybe I handle the update by myself ?

I have only the cryped and already flashed files (Because my cmd is only slave), but the backups are the full versions. I can upload it if somebody need it to help me.

Thanks in advance!

Andrei2015
15th May, 2016, 06:20 AM
After you opend ECU did you try to start car? Do a dtc scan on dde and cas

CustomCars
15th May, 2016, 08:13 AM
We not able to help you with your dumps even full. Contact with you seller.
ecu has communication with other modules and diagnostic ? If not will help only dealer level update, if ecu was not broken psychically.

hhyayo
15th May, 2016, 09:53 AM
@Andrei2015 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/450149-Andrei2015)

No I didn't do that. I unlock obd (enet) and read the ori file which I send to my seller. Then I got the new optimated file and I flashed the ecu via obd enet but it doesn't start. In all ecus and modules are dtcs and when I delete them they come back...

@CustomCars (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/444023-CustomCars)

No... The ECU doesn't communicate with other diagnostics and modules... My seller means maybe and sometimes it can happen things like that with the EDC17C50 ECU's, is that right ? So I think you are 1000 % sure I must do an dealer level update for the ecu right ? Can I do that with Rheingold, INPA, E-SYS oder WinKFP or something ? If yes, how ? I want to try to reset the CAS or the DDE - DME at first, when that not work, then I think I must do the update and hope the ecu isn't physically broken. But how can I do the cas reset for the X5 F15 model ?

After this ~~~~ I decided to buy original Kess V2/K-Tag and hope they include the obd enet function soon. CMD sucks, it needs the same backup function like Kess V2.

Andrei2015
15th May, 2016, 10:01 AM
Most probably you did something wrong when you opend ecu. If ecu don't communicate by diagnosis how will you do update? I have seen ecu's stuck in boot mode/write mode (not this one), witch means you can read/write it, but can't start car

hhyayo
15th May, 2016, 10:16 AM
Good question. I have someone here in germany who means he can help me. But the next problem is the gearbox is in "P" and we can't move the car, because when the engine doesn't run the hydraulic brake doesn't have enough oil pressure I think and it doesn't set to "N". Have someone an idea how I can set the gearbox to "N" ? Maybe with bridging the starter or something else ?

Gavra
15th May, 2016, 10:20 AM
Don't get me wrong , but backup function do NOT always mean u r saved......I used original and had similar headache, backup is there mainly to give you false support so u accept to do any car. Insurance is only safe backup to have ;)

hhyayo
15th May, 2016, 10:26 AM
@Gavra (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/188317-Gavra)

That's true! But it's much better then the backup function of CMD I think :) But now I must find out how I can set the gearbox on "N" to move the car...

twincam
15th May, 2016, 11:07 AM
If it's ZF 8 gear gearbox You need to take the alenkey and under the car on the left side of gearbox there will be small lever which needs to be in upper position so take the alenkey and use the screw under this lever to put she in the upper position.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

fruti
15th May, 2016, 02:02 PM
Heh mate, cmd dont sux, mybe sux your file suplier... If u didnt open ecu then it have to be his fault....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Babos
15th May, 2016, 02:11 PM
I see few times when cmd send full back up files when ecus down and write via Boot mode and cars STARTS!!!

pulsar2000
15th May, 2016, 02:11 PM
Sounds like you Damaged ecu when you opened to solder Boot Pin, especially if you have no comms with Diagnostic tool,

Babos
15th May, 2016, 02:26 PM
put here photo from PCB with good zoom.

gitko
15th May, 2016, 08:56 PM
Hello, I have a litte problem and I don't know what I can do to solve it. Today I flashed the ECU from the X5 via "OBD ENET" with CMD (Slave). First I read the pwd via boot, after that I unlock the ENET function and got the first backup. Then I flashed the ECU with the new file, but after the write process the car doesn't start anymore. I tried to use the backup function but it didn't helped. I got a new file from my file seller but have the same problem with it. Now my file seller say I must bring the car to BMW to make an engine ecu update to solve it. But I read it could be the DDE/DME/EWS or the CAS, which need a reset or an adjustment because the battery has been disconnected. It's a EDC17_C50 ECU (258 HP / Year 2015 / X5-3.0D).

But I don't know how I can do that. What programs I need and which versions of that ? Can I make the CAS reset with INPA and use the F25 to connect ? Or e-sys with F15 PsdZData ? Maybe I handle the update by myself ?

I have only the cryped and already flashed files (Because my cmd is only slave), but the backups are the full versions. I can upload it if somebody need it to help me.

Thanks in advance!

If you can upload the file here and read CAS and also upload it

gitko
15th May, 2016, 08:58 PM
I see few times when cmd send full back up files when ecus down and write via Boot mode and cars STARTS!!!

How CMD will send him full backup on him car. Do you think they know all ISN on all BMW :stung:

simaservis1108
15th May, 2016, 09:05 PM
Question to hhyayo:

Did you open the ECU or only Read/Write via OBD?

hhyayo
16th May, 2016, 05:58 PM
@simaservis1108 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/388275-simaservis1108)

1. Build off the ECU out of the car to read PWD and unlock obd enet via BOOT
2. Put ECU back in the car and read the ori file via OBD ENET
3. Got the MOD and flash the ECU via OBD ENET
4. Car doesn't start anymore until today...

Yesterday I tried to make a I-Level Update for the ECU via E-Sys 3.26.1 and the PsdZData Files 58.3. After the configuration I connected the F15 via F25, read the SVT via "Read (ECU)" because VCM gives me an error, and after read the Tal I find the ECU's to update. But the only useful ECU to update is the DME ECU. DDE or Engine ECU or something doesn't wrote in the table... How I can update the DDE/Engine ECU with a dealer level update by myself ? Maybe a tutorial which software and hardware/wire I need...

joker79
16th May, 2016, 06:43 PM
@simaservis1108 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/388275-simaservis1108)

2. Put ECU back in the car and read the ori file via OBD ENET - Did you try to start the car before reading with OBD ENET to be sure ECU was not damaged?

Yesterday I tried to make a I-Level Update for the ECU via E-Sys 3.26.1 and the PsdZData Files 58.3. After the configuration I connected the F15 via F25, read the SVT via "Read (ECU)" because VCM gives me an error, and after read the Tal I find the ECU's to update. But the only useful ECU to update is the DME ECU. DDE or Engine ECU or something doesn't wrote in the table... How I can update the DDE/Engine ECU with a dealer level update by myself ? Maybe a tutorial which software and hardware/wire I need...

hhyayo
16th May, 2016, 07:24 PM

No. I didn't start it after the ENET unlock.

Andrei2015
16th May, 2016, 07:27 PM
But when you did obd unlock, did CMD saved a backup?

Sent from my mobile phone

baltazar3
16th May, 2016, 08:15 PM

Please tell us EXACTLY how You put ECU in BOOT mode ?

gitko
16th May, 2016, 08:51 PM

Mate If you read a full ecu and CAS I could help you. Also need orig file which you read via OBD

atomiczen
17th May, 2016, 01:38 AM
flashed a lot of edc17c50 bootmode GPT on bench without issue, never eared about reading and writing obd

mbtun
17th May, 2016, 05:18 AM
You never read / write OBD because you don't have CMD probably. They are now offering Boot unlock for ENET and OBD write. Anyway most of the tools will have this option soon.
What I don't understand is why he don't do a full ecu backup in boot mode if he already opened to unlock ENET.

TachomasteR
17th May, 2016, 07:32 AM
All ecu of bmw F, when jou open, ecu is dead.. if not today after a few days..

hhyayo
17th May, 2016, 12:24 PM
Normaly CMD make a backup before unlock the OBD ENET function. But I think not a full backup like Kess V2. Because the backup from cmd don't work. I follow the instructions from CMD Flashtec, to read/write the ECU via Bootmode (Click on the help button). To write "All ecu dies when you open it" is absolutly stupid. I flashed a 525D F10 one year ago and it runs until today without make problems.

Do never know how I can make a I-Level Update for the DDE ECU ?

teamtuner
18th May, 2016, 05:22 AM
All ecu of bmw F, when jou open, ecu is dead.. if not today after a few days..
pfff....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

mbtun
18th May, 2016, 06:17 AM
If you open the ECU carefully, heat properly and don't bend the PCB, all is OK.

simaservis1108
27th May, 2016, 09:55 PM
ECU dead after opening???
Why would that be?