PDA

View Full Version : m8s red light, help required

bobfrapples
16th May, 2016, 11:52 AM
hi, i've had an m8s box for a short while now and i successfully managed to flash openelec on it initially...however, it started acting strange so i decided that i would reset the software and then it was being a nightmare after that. would not open repo's in kodi and if it did would fail to install selected addons and was being an all round pain in the neck. i then decided to update the openelec via codesnake to 6.0.3 via the toothpick method and whilst it looked like it was working lovely i have ended up with a bricked box with a red light :( i have since followed the burnbootcard method which did not work and then the usb burning tool method to unbrick it but that keeps throwing up errors at 1%. have i completely knackered it up or may i be doing something wrong, maybe the wrong files? going round in circles now so thought i would ask the guys here. any help majorly appreciated :)

ButtyBach
19th June, 2016, 05:32 PM
Sticking that toothpick in couldn't have done any good😉. Thats the trouble when you start messing with things. No doubt I will be in the same position as you next week😄.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DOUGALMCD
21st June, 2016, 07:47 PM
These boxes are a minefield as you have to have the correct firmware for certain models and some are clone as well. I assume that you have an m8s s812 try M8S_S812_2GB_26102015 zip file loaded onto sd card. Have read about trying older firmwares to get up and running again. hth

bar7212345
26th October, 2021, 12:00 AM
if usb burning tool throwing errors then you loading the wrong firmware.