PDA

View Full Version : Open media few memory!?

spider man
28th August, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hi,
I got today my second openmedia 500cs. After installation I saw the after the instalation of the EMU that the box has 67% of the capacity used. My other openmedia has 44% . How that is possible. It is the same box, using the same CAM. How came, that diference? Is that a defect. I tried to flash the box again and it gave the same reading. What that can be? This is bad becouse I tried to install some plug in and the box got very fast full and got frozen.

max_gee
28th August, 2009, 08:07 PM
why dont u make a backup of your first box and restore it on the new 1.

spider man
28th August, 2009, 08:48 PM
Well. I dont see the point becouse I flashed the box. Ftp the key and scce and started the evocam 2.12. Exacly as the other box. I assume that if I flash the box everything is gone. or? It is funny becouse after I flashed the box and before upload the key and rom the usage was 46% higher than my other box with the keys and rom all read on it 44%.
Is there any removable memory inside the openmedia? Like ram memory or anything like this? Box is new and considering ask for replacement.
I am also wondering if when flashed the box some bits of information remained in the box. I flashed all read 2 times but the results still the same. Is this process like formating a HD maybe there is a way clean everything that was there before in a more eficient way. Is that a possibility?

waqasahmed
29th August, 2009, 12:15 PM
They might have made the new batches with fewer RAM to save some pennies. It really doesnt matter how much you are using on your receiver. Im using 70%ish(I think-havent checked) on a modded DW image and I dont experience anything bad. I say just leave it be and forget spending ?8.65 to send the receiver back! Its not like you're using 99% now are you :D Did you flash a newer image? the other image might have more stuff packed in. Make a backup of this image and also make a backup of your other image and flash the older image over and then see the difference

DJSimo
24th September, 2009, 08:19 PM
They might have made the new batches with fewer RAM to save some pennies. It really doesnt matter how much you are using on your receiver. Im using 70%ish(I think-havent checked) on a modded DW image and I dont experience anything bad. I say just leave it be and forget spending ?8.65 to send the receiver back! Its not like you're using 99% now are you :D Did you flash a newer image? the other image might have more stuff packed in. Make a backup of this image and also make a backup of your other image and flash the older image over and then see the difference

Or if you have it permanently connected to LAN and your pc on 24/7 you can move your Var to your PC hard drive.

I have done this and it says only 11% used now, & I can download all the other apps like total football and picons etc

waqasahmed
24th September, 2009, 08:25 PM
Ah yes, need to get around to doing that. Would be helpful when we all have to c/s :D

spider man
14th January, 2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Guys,
I was experinceing some problems with this box at the time and as I was on hollidays I did not bother. After I flash the box with DK1.1 2 times, I flashed with the switch on cable mode and them i flashed another time in satelite mode.
After few days the box start to freeze. I would show the programs in the epg but not image in any channel onle a black screen. What that can be I flashed 2 times and the box always start to work fine and after few days again the same thing. What that can be?

psats
16th January, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Guys,
I was experinceing some problems with this box at the time and as I was on hollidays I did not bother. After I flash the box with DK1.1 2 times, I flashed with the switch on cable mode and them i flashed another time in satelite mode.
After few days the box start to freeze. I would show the programs in the epg but not image in any channel onle a black screen. What that can be I flashed 2 times and the box always start to work fine and after few days again the same thing. What that can be?

did you add the keys and emu stuff as image are fta