PDA

View Full Version : BMW F30 316i Mevd 17.2.5 big problem

zizouth
22nd May, 2016, 07:53 PM
Hello,

I have big problem with BMW F30 316i , after very carrefully open ECU (MEVD17.2.5) and test it on car . I have make read with Ktag , tuning it and replace on the car.

First start car working , then write on dahboard : "powertrain : restart is not possible"!!! I restart the car , and right , the car not restart...

Seems eeprom problem : The eeprom read with Ktag is 64 kb & the eeprom read with Magpro X17 is 128 kb.
The problem is i have read the eeprom with magpro after I write it with Ktag, so i thing the file is corrupted.

More info :
- The car is on the dyno now , i have not test it on the road.
- I have test the ECU after open it, the car working without problem.
- I cannot write the Ktag eeprom with Magpro : error message " file is corrupted"

There is a way to virgin the file read with Magpro or Ktag please? (in attachement)

kire106ka
22nd May, 2016, 11:03 PM
Epp looks ok bought readed k tag and magpro are same so you try to write original back to the car and see what will do

daphuc72
15th February, 2024, 09:55 AM
Hello,

I have big problem with BMW F30 316i , after very carrefully open ECU (MEVD17.2.5) and test it on car . I have make read with Ktag , tuning it and replace on the car.

First start car working , then write on dahboard : "powertrain : restart is not possible"!!! I restart the car , and right , the car not restart...

Seems eeprom problem : The eeprom read with Ktag is 64 kb & the eeprom read with Magpro X17 is 128 kb.
The problem is i have read the eeprom with magpro after I write it with Ktag, so i thing the file is corrupted.

More info :
- The car is on the dyno now , i have not test it on the road.
- I have test the ECU after open it, the car working without problem.
- I cannot write the Ktag eeprom with Magpro : error message " file is corrupted"

There is a way to virgin the file read with Magpro or Ktag please? (in attachement)

are you using the original or clone ktag? i've read from other's saying everytime after reading the ecu, you must write it with the original file. In your case it seems like you use two different programmer to read (magpro) write (ktag). Maybe try to write it using magpro see if it works.