PDA

View Full Version : Andromeda v2.0 & Mounting Network Dir's

brummie
14th July, 2008, 10:39 PM
Hi,

Been using this image on my nokia for a couple of months with no problems.

Got a little bored over the weekend and wanted to have a little play with some more of the boxes features.

Cannot get any mounts to work, I don't get any errors when I set them up through the boxes menu. the mount appears to be present and working but when i view the /mnt directory it's blank (set one for pic's one for mp3's....)

I've also tried through the web interface and they don't save (i did remember the press save).

My PC's running Vista, I've set up the dbox account as an administrator, all dir's are shared with the dbox account having full permissions. Also tried setting up a mount to my nas, same results as before.

I eventuly want to get my box recording directly to my nas but taking it one step at a time !!

Thinking of reflashing, anyone been sucessful and if so with what image?

This is my first post, be kind !!!

Thanks

Devilfish
15th July, 2008, 12:49 AM
I usually ftp into the /mnt folder and create an mp3 folder.

Then when creating the mount, the mount dir is /mnt/mp3.

I use the current account on my PC, no need to create a new one. It boots up to the desktop, no password, so you simply leave the password field blank in the settings.

Make sure the folder containing the MP3 is on the root of your c: and is shared. Also make sure that you enter the folder name EXACTLY as it is on your PC.

A good way to tell if the mount has connected successfully is to go to the UNMOUNT option in the network settings page of the dbox. If there is an option to unmount then it has worked ok...but if there is no mounts there to me unmounted, it's not worked and your settings/pc setup is wrong.

Oh yeh, you will find it very hard to get it working on the NAS drive as it's a Samba filesystem (SMBFS). You will need an image that supports samba. I think the later commando and sportster images support samba, not sure about the latest Blade, etc.

brummie
15th July, 2008, 07:02 PM
Just had another hour or so checking and changing setting, still no joy.

Me thinks it time for a for a flash!!