PDA

View Full Version : confused

lager
15th July, 2008, 02:49 PM
:withstupid:Hi there,i have a pvr ,and have notice a difference on first swithing on the pvr, to switching on the old eurovox max.

When i switch the tv on ,then go to say ,bbc1,on normal tv ,the picture comes on ,but when i then switch the pvr on ,at the main socket ,the screen goes blank ,and on the front of the pvr four digits appear,then after a while it then shows 1200 , up to now no difference from when i used to use the old eurovox, but when i press the red button at top left on the pvr remote,it goes to a number ,say 163,or 161,then it then reverts back showing four digits again,then after a while it picks up a channel number ,ie,1, 2,, 3,and the picture comes on ,and picks everything up as normal,

my question is with the old eurovox max ,when it powered up it went to 1200 .but the picture on normal tv stayed on,and when i pressed the top left red button on the remote,the old eurovox came straight up ,with the channel listings as normal, is there a difference from the old eurovox ,to the new pvr,
on powering up ,

ps. would it do any harm to the pvr if it was left on standby ,all the time ,or is it advisable to switch off at the mains everytime when not in use,

i use the pvr no different,: in set up and use a scart lead as with all the others i have used in the past.

any advice would be useful. Lager.:elefant: