PDA

View Full Version : travel guide

zaphodbb
31st August, 2009, 06:54 AM
i was just thinking that we have people from all over the uk and all over the world on dk. now that adds up to a lot of local knowledge when you think about it. im going to the uk in nine days and i was thinking about where i could get the full monty breakfast in a greasy spoon in southampton. now say we had a travel section and people from say southampton, glasgow, wigan, notts, wherever, posted a title of where they live and said info like best greasy spoon, best curry house, best fish n chip shop etc, best pub, we could have our own rough guide, made up of dk members. we have a huge membership on here now so if lots of people contributed we could end up with a very comprehensive guide !!!

gmb45
31st August, 2009, 07:06 AM
not a bad idea m8, i will start it of with the dog and partridge on lower parliment street nottingham, its a proper spit on the floor type pub, u dont get any trouble tho and the beer is good, its also full of loose women :D no food tho, weatherapoons in old market square is the place for the average pt grub.and if u after a bit of rough forest fields is the place :D

zaphodbb
31st August, 2009, 07:21 AM
not a bad idea m8, i will start it of with the dog and partridge on lower parliment street nottingham, its a proper spit on the floor type pub, u dont get any trouble tho and the beer is good, its also full of loose women :D no food tho, weatherapoons in old market square is the place for the average pt grub.and if u after a bit of rough forest fields is the place :D

thanks for that m8, but i was putting this forward as a suggestion for a new section rather than a thread. i think if it has its own section rather than just a thread we would get a lot more response for it, and maybe newbies making their first post would contribute something positive who knows ?

Devilfish
31st August, 2009, 01:24 PM
There may be quite a few people that do not want to reveal their home location for obvious reasons.

Another forum similar to DK started a travel section and it didn't take off. So I'm reserved to do it again here.

Thanks for the ideas though, keep them coming! :)

Lainie
8th September, 2009, 05:00 PM
travel guide/holiday section for reviews etc would be great

ste6106
9th September, 2009, 11:50 AM
Id agee travel guide for hols n stuff would be great tis always good to share

bvilleuk
17th October, 2009, 12:42 PM
Id agee travel guide for hols n stuff would be great tis always good to share

The Internet is stuffed full of Holiday Info .....

When I need Travel details for work/play I don't immediately
think of >DIGITAL< Kaos .......

Stick what your really good at I say -- and DK is BEST for DIGITAL.............
:coffin:

machno
17th January, 2010, 10:11 AM
Good idea - I have been to Europe over 100 times for holidays - mainly Spain - Easy to book your own flight/transfer & hotel saving you a lot of money.

machno