PDA

View Full Version : cannot connect

gibbo74
31st August, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hi all
my laptop is playing up again arghhh
when i try to connect to thw net i get website cannot be found message on ie and firefox
but the strange thing is i can use msn messenger from the same laptop no problem but if i try to open any web page it just gives me the same message ,
my other pc and laptop and blackberry all connect to the net so im thinking it a problem with the laptop,
could it be a firewall problem ?

cheers gibbo:hmmmm2:

dasteph
31st August, 2009, 10:08 AM
Hi all
my laptop is playing up again arghhh
when i try to connect to thw net i get website cannot be found message on ie and firefox
but the strange thing is i can use msn messenger from the same laptop no problem but if i try to open any web page it just gives me the same message ,
my other pc and laptop and blackberry all connect to the net so im thinking it a problem with the laptop,
could it be a firewall problem ?

cheers gibbo:hmmmm2:

turn of your firewall and try again.

gibbo74
31st August, 2009, 10:20 AM
tryed that pal ,also rebooted router ,sytem reset ,done virus scan no virus found ,so i dont know ,im thinking of formating the laptop ,but never done that before ,will i need a vista disk ?
cos laptop came with preinstalled vista and i have no disk

dasteph
31st August, 2009, 11:10 AM
tryed that pal ,also rebooted router ,sytem reset ,done virus scan no virus found ,so i dont know ,im thinking of formating the laptop ,but never done that before ,will i need a vista disk ?
cos laptop came with preinstalled vista and i have no disk

laptop hd are normally partioned with a recovery software built in which is accessed at boot up by pressing a certain key if you watch the boot up it will tell you which key.

gibbo74
31st August, 2009, 11:27 AM
cheers pal
so i wont need a disk to format

dasteph
31st August, 2009, 11:40 AM
cheers pal
so i wont need a disk to format

it will probally take the laptop back to out of the box settings but i do not know for sure as i have never used the recovery on my laptop.

gibbo74
31st August, 2009, 11:49 AM
ok i will try
im sure if i cant get it back working somebody will have a disk