PDA

View Full Version : autoboss or launch or autel ... please make me clear

yeager
12th June, 2016, 08:27 AM
hi

im thinking about buy a new diag tool, but dont have clear what to buy ... autoboss - launch - autel ... what from this have better dealer tool functions
i read many threads on this forum, but still dont have clear

what is different btw:

LAUNCH X431 5C Pro
LAUNCH X-431 GDS
LAUNCH X-431 3G(GDS)
LAUNCH X-431 V Pro

Autel MaxiSYS Pro MS908P
Autel MaxiDAS DS708
Autel MaxiSYS MS906

yeager
12th June, 2016, 03:55 PM
ok, i found some informations about autel

MaxiSYS MS906 is a new version of MaxiDAS DS708, it have same functions MaxiSYS is android based

big different btw MaxiSYS Pro MS908P and MaxiSYS MS906 is:
Autel MaxiSYS Pro MS908P - codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations, coding and ECU programming
Autel MaxiSYS MS906 - codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations

have anyone details about x431??

riyadhfriah
12th June, 2016, 04:01 PM
I am using Maxisys Pro MS908P it's good not bad but the cost for updates too much $1300 for year and can't support everything like Ford doesn't do everything on Ford.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

yeager
12th June, 2016, 05:03 PM
im interesting what x431 can do ecu programing and what is different btw each models

yeager
12th June, 2016, 06:16 PM
or what about bosch kts???

purdy
12th June, 2016, 06:26 PM
I personally like the launch I have a gds and it does me well. I think they all run the same software. I think the newer pad versions are a little quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeager
13th June, 2016, 07:12 AM
so you say all x431 have same functions, all can do same things ... but why is so big price difference? all launch products can do ecu coding and programing? r it can only do adaptation?

2xded
13th June, 2016, 07:29 AM
If you need programming and coding, then take the clone branded scanners . IMHO.

yeager
13th June, 2016, 07:35 AM
i know, that best choice is take a clone, but i need a tool that can do 80% of branded scanners ... Maxisys Pro MS908P can do ecu coding and programing, i ask that exist a launch modell that can do it too?

yeager
13th June, 2016, 11:27 AM
i talk whit dealer, he say me that launch tool cant make ecu coding/rpograming ... better choice is autel maxisys 908p or xtool ps90

yeager
13th June, 2016, 08:48 PM
where can i buy original autel maxisys pro ms908p for cheapest price? i found for 1899$ vut im not sure that is original ...

riyadhfriah
13th June, 2016, 09:02 PM
where can i buy original autel maxisys pro ms908p for cheapest price? i found for 1899$ vut im not sure that is original ...
Make sure it has the J box pass thru. Because only the box by it self cost about $800.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

yeager
13th June, 2016, 09:12 PM
https://m.alibaba.com/product/60164706316/Original-auto-car-diagnostic-machine-Autel.html?spm=a2706.7843299.1998817009.1.XQ1Jb7i

totalkey
13th June, 2016, 09:19 PM
Gscan is your best choice

Sent from my VOYAGER2_DG310 using Tapatalk

yeager
13th June, 2016, 09:34 PM
Gscan is your best choice

gscan is for kia hyunday ... or??

totalkey
13th June, 2016, 09:44 PM
It's universal scanner with excellent cover, all Asian modeles at 95% as dealer tool cover, gm USA is excellent , also other makes from Europe is can do many things, 3 updates every year for 500$, can do key programming for many cars and more.

yeager
14th June, 2016, 05:36 AM
it is good, that have good cover for asia and usa but for me is important best cover for european cars

totalkey
14th June, 2016, 07:23 AM
it is good, that have good cover for asia and usa but for me is important best cover for european cars
If you compare it to scanners above you will have more cover also for European with gscan or you can download data sheet and compare

yeager
14th June, 2016, 01:57 PM
i compare maxisys, gscanner, xtool ps90 and now im realy confused :-( ... dont have money for buy all 3 and test what is better from it ...

EquipTech
19th June, 2016, 10:46 PM
Hey Yeager, you have mentioned the big 3 in diagnostic tools when it comes to multibrand tools. I have a vast experience in these tools. I am a dealer for all the mentioned brands.... ("hold on I don't want to sell you anything just lend some advise being that I have a lot of experience with these tools.")

The autoboss v30 will be discontinued and there will no longer be upgrades for this tool after 2 years from now. This will leave you with a tool that will not allow upgrades. The new version will only be able to upgrade from this point. I have also found the build of this tool to have warranty issues as its not the greatest quality.

As for functions well the origin of this tool actually came from a software developer that worked for Launch in the early 2000's and at a time the tools where similar as it stands today I find Launch has some stronger points and thats due to its software development. I will get into detail on this when I cover Launch.

Autel is not a bad tool but the price for the full package is a little steep and the software is good but needs some development when against the latest Launch software, all in all its a good tool to have if you can spend the money however as all multibrand tools having one complete solution just does not exists.... so its a matter of not tool is best but which will serve you best till you get another one.

Launch is a very well developed product hands down its the best because of its vehicle coverage and functions and systems. Launch has 3000 software developers and supports over 1000 software upgrades a year and has been developed for longer than the latter and this is simply why it in my opinion ranks #1 I have sold many of these tools over 14 years and never had a complaint.

The Pro is an android scanner for cars this is for the Euro and Africa market the X431 V is for the asian market. The Pro is no longer in production. The new toy is the Pro S there was an upgrade to the 16dbscar plug and its on a lenova tablet. The tool is looking slick and should come with a 3 year software upgrade package.

The GDS is the old version for TRUCK and Diesel cars this unit was discontinued about a year ago. The latest version of this is the Pro3 S and HD module addon.

If you can provide me with what functions and vehicles you wish to use I will be able to tell you some more in depth information on what tool to look at and who knows maybe one of the others will suit you best or another brand possibly.

Hope the information so far is of help.

Lacoste
24th October, 2016, 11:11 PM
Autoboss v30 locks at the end license update. Autel Maxisys Pro Launch no problems after the expiration of the license. Good luck.

smirnoff_rules
24th October, 2016, 11:24 PM
l have a v30 and it doesnt lock out at all , havnt updated for 6 months as l dont use alot as x431 is way better

kermoik
8th December, 2017, 11:23 AM
I just come here to ask a question. If you are not a mechanic then do you need this type expensive obd2 diagnostic scanner for your car? Is it worth to spend $500+ for an automotive scanner? I can easily get a scanner under $100. Isn’t?
Update: I don't have enough budget. Thus, I have decided to buy autel autolink al519 OBD ll scan tool (https://theeffectiveguide.com/autel-al519-review/). Let see, how this scan tool works.

Divad968
10th December, 2018, 09:55 AM
MS908SP is the MS908P update version. Autel MS908S Pro can replace Maxisys MS908P. MS908S Pro comes with Autel Maxiflash Elite J2534 ECU Programming Device also. Autel MS908SP also offering 2 years free update. and the price is $2080 at https://www.obd2tool.com/goods-4525-Autel+MaxiSys+Pro+Scan+Tool+with+WIFI.html.

Manuelgb
5th January, 2019, 11:03 AM
MS908SP is the MS908P update version. Autel MS908S Pro can replace Maxisys MS908P. MS908S Pro comes with Autel Maxiflash Elite J2534 ECU Programming Device also. Autel MS908SP also offering 2 years free update. and the price is $2080 at https://www.obd2tool.com/goods-4525-Autel+MaxiSys+Pro+Scan+Tool+with+WIFI.html.

Hi, I just bought autel 908 sp. for my taste is a good machine, is updated in processor is a little more light than the 908p

Manuelgb
5th January, 2019, 11:07 AM
There is another one that is the autel elite that does not make the difference in the bigger prossador and battery in the table. I do not know if there is more difference?

AvechuchoAxel
10th January, 2020, 01:18 AM
@ Equip Tech

You might be the one to ask about MaxiSys Pro.

I sent e-mail to Autel, but not response yet. I'm trying to ENCODE a headlamp for 2015 Rolls Royce Ghost BUT there is no C. I. P menu. We know is the same as BMW.

Last week I ran an update (V13.51) released 2019/12/31 that specifically applies to /mini / BMW / RR : Fixed the headlight module CODING error for model 730Li

So, it is available coding, individualization and programming on Rolls Royce ?

I do work 80% of the time with European cars like RR, Bentley, Lambo, Ferrari, Jaguar, Land Rover, McLaren, Mercedes, BMW, Tesla and few more... Are there, in base of your experience, something better for adaptations, coding and programming without going for every single one OEM ?
I own ISTA+ , Star Diagnostic, and some other brands..
(find me on F.B as: bronenberg motor werks)

paixfrawg
20th September, 2020, 09:02 PM
If I buy a used ms908 would I not be able to update it anymore since it was registered by someone else ?