PDA

View Full Version : 2015 BMW

MV auto
12th June, 2016, 08:13 PM
Hey guys!
I'll probably have to do a 2015 bmw soon. I lack of info for now, but as I understood, it would be a 2015 X5 335d.
I ordered Gecko blocker just in case my older ultimate CAN blocker would not work.
no one is able to do those FEM\CAS (or whatever other module they use) right?

I have a few questions. let's say car have 75,000km and is planning to return to dealer at about 85k in a year (end of lease).
if I adjust clock, fit blocker and he drive vehicle for about a year and comes back to me to remove it, (at either a lower or higher km) can I remove blocker and either dash will jump or FEM/CAS will jump to whatever km without creating problem? or am I going to have some kind of problem like "tampered dot" or fault code or something?

I guess they have value for DPF or total distance and hours in DDE/DME? if he leave it that way and drive, will it create problem like check engine or something? (I could maybe change those value only once when he comes back) also, can you guys share where all the other hidden value are in those model?
I know about service value in CIC, also hidden km value in DSC, VTG, DDE, FEM+keys... check control, battery registration, freeze frame etc. what else?
would bmw commander cover most of those places? or I am lucky enough to be able to do most of them with my AVDI?

so in other words lacking experience with those newer F series and looking for as many info as I can get!
thanks for your input guys!

tunertool
12th June, 2016, 10:38 PM
Your better off using a BMW speed filter, this can be fitted behind the dash... no need for soldering and it freezes all memory locations! So if its at 75k it will stay at 75k or if its at 10k it will stay at 10k... etc

vageric
13th June, 2016, 05:43 AM
yes but from what i have understood it also freeze your dials did it not?
so you cant see how fast your are driving and engine rpm ect.
correct me if im wrong.

tunertool
13th June, 2016, 11:24 AM
If you are using a high quality one then for BMW it doesnt freeze your dials :)

The ones I use for BMW dials are working and counting no miles!

smartymarti
13th June, 2016, 03:19 PM
Speed filters are brilliant however they still count the service data down as had 3 of them from 2 suppliers

stick a elprosys filter on the bdc unit and do dash with r270

geko in the dash will leave a permanent fault with proximity sensor

MV auto
13th June, 2016, 04:30 PM
Speed filters are brilliant however they still count the service data down as had 3 of them from 2 suppliers

stick a elprosys filter on the bdc unit and do dash with r270

geko in the dash will leave a permanent fault with proximity sensor

did you mention that to the supplier of gecko?
sucks that I have ordered 2 CAN filter from them if they create problems!
I guess you said that because you tried? did the proximity sensor problem disappeared when you remove filter?

about elprosys can gateway:
The price includes CanGateway and software set: “Software unit” – the unit of software compatible only with original DiagProg 3, CodiProg USB or CanGateway.
am I going to be able to use without DP3?

Rabiee
13th June, 2016, 04:50 PM
my friend you can buy new programmer MDPEVO XEP100 can make CAS4 last version 5 wired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4sfkDpl3S4
you can see above video

MV auto
13th June, 2016, 05:04 PM
my friend you can buy new programmer MDPEVO XEP100 can make CAS4 last version 5 wired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4sfkDpl3S4
you can see above video
I wouldn't bet on it, but I am pretty sur that it will be a FEM or something like that... no CAS4.
if it is a CAS4, no problem, I'll do the clean job!

smartymarti
13th June, 2016, 07:30 PM
There fully aware of the problem by putting in dash , did 2 and both had same issues so now I put elprosys ones in bdc no issues at all

smartymarti
13th June, 2016, 07:31 PM
It's a body domain control UNIT , there replaced both cas and gem with these now