PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control deactivation after OBD chiptuning - Renault Megane III 1.9dci 96kw

teoturo
23rd June, 2016, 07:23 PM
Dear all,
something unexpected happened to me yesterday.
I remapped in another city (200kms from me) a 2009 Renault Megane 1.9dci 96kw with edc16c36, and came back home. I never had any kind of problems with these ECU but this time customer called me saying CruiseControl is not working any more.
Honestly this was new for me, I heard in past there were problems with injectors but I remapped lots of these cars and ecus and never had such an effect on cruise control system. I even called a customer with a 2009 Renault Scenic 1.9dci 96kw I remapped 2 weeks ago in the same way (by OBD plug) and cruise control is perfectly working.

I don't think I need more than a Renault Clip setting, just Renault dealer in that city is not available for re-setting cruise control and speed limiter ON even if I offered to pay for this 2mins procedure :mad-new:

Questions are:

1) are there any alternative procedures for re-activating cruise control or do I need to drive 200+200kms just for connecting my Renault Clip to the plug and push a button? Activating cruise control with a generic Delphi diagnose (I have a cooperator in that city) even if listed in delphi options had no effect unfortunately
2) is there a way to prevent this event in future?

Thanks a lot

radoslawwiklik
23rd June, 2016, 11:08 PM
Renault clip can do job...

teoturo
27th June, 2016, 08:23 PM
This I know (and also wrote...), but are there any alternatives?