PDA

View Full Version : volvo xc90 2006

autokey pro
30th June, 2016, 08:15 PM
Hi mates,
I have 2006 volvo xc90 gasoline that run into small accident and the airbags were activated so car does not crank or start anymore.I could find that this car would go into safety mode after accident.Please is there any possible way to solve this problem on bench from ecu or cem?If not then what is the tool that is supposed to solve this issue by OBD.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,

autokey pro
1st July, 2016, 02:33 PM
Does anyone have some info about this issue please?

Zapp
2nd July, 2016, 01:41 PM
I can not check till Monday,but im kinda sure in service fuctions avdi has reset for that.....maybe....maybe

Babos
2nd July, 2016, 02:03 PM
try replace airbags and then star car!

autokey pro
2nd July, 2016, 02:39 PM
Dear mate Zapp i appreciate your reply,thanks.

autokey pro
2nd July, 2016, 02:45 PM
Dear mate Babos thanks for your suggestion although i think that changing the airbags would not be enough.Since the car got into safety mode then it would need to reset to get it start again.I was just wondering if this job can be done on bench since i do not have a diagnostic tool to do this job.Also if members here can suggest a chip tool to do it because i will need it only for this car since we do not have much volvo cars here.Thanks.

Zapp
5th July, 2016, 12:00 PM
sorry forgot.....no functions(avdi) xc90 its was an s40

Babos
6th July, 2016, 12:47 PM
I remember one my customer get error dtc from air bag system driver side belt conector problem. Car be volvo V70 2001 year and he know where is problem take out that unit and want to drive shop buy same unit and cant to start car!! then he connect back that unit and car start!
That is real story! Maybe she can help you solved your problem.

nickolasd
7th July, 2016, 04:15 PM
some of vehicles i think volvo as well have fuel pump deactivation after airbag deployment. some of them have a reset button somewhere in a vehicle but some being done thru diagnostics,
but it should not be related to no crank conditions.

update: heres a picture form scan tool from 05 xc90

soxten
7th July, 2016, 04:25 PM
Use obd and check CEM, I think you have options to reset airbag after crash function.