PDA

View Full Version : edc15 KLine kess v2 pins seat

smirnoff_rules
7th July, 2016, 08:58 PM
hi, l have this to read on bench but cant fine kline in kess anywhere , in this video you can see it connected but l cant make out the pin numbers

cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ari0ZREkuXc

sorry l must be colour blind lol . the one wire looks yellow but it must be green ..

carry on to someone elses posts lol

bobolin4o
8th July, 2016, 06:49 AM
Pin 16 = K-line
Pin 1,2,37,88 = "+"
Pin 4,5 = ground
Cheers!

Sorry, i just looked at this video later... maybe his harness is different... the most important is, that the pinout is right.

smirnoff_rules
8th July, 2016, 07:47 PM
tried this today , dosnt work lm sure its bull~~~~ , unless someone heres done it

morgano
8th July, 2016, 11:05 PM
I've done it before with that same pinout but with fgtech. 100% works.

morgano
9th July, 2016, 12:29 AM
Made the test for you with one of my kess clones.

Look.

https://vimeo.com/173975494

Used fgtech harness to duplicate feeds as the cable from kess just had 2 thin red wires and needed at least a faston to feed the ecu, but you can see it is working.

Regards

smirnoff_rules
9th July, 2016, 09:00 AM
cheers m8 ,, good work , l did try again and kess dosnt send power to the red wires when reading but does on other ecu types ?, when l get back into work l will try with powering the ecu up from another supply ,,
kess wiring l have does have 3 12v feeds tho

looking at the youtube video his earth and power look like they might have different spades

morgano
9th July, 2016, 11:52 AM
On the video i have used not tricore module adapter which efectively not power the ECU and use yellow wire as Kline, i have used the PCR2.1 cable, it powers ecu by the switch and uses green wire as Kline ;)

mariuso2o
24th July, 2018, 06:36 PM
is this a correct way to connect kess to edc15p+? 544318
left side goes to ecu pins, other wires go to power suply and right one to laptop

morgano
24th July, 2018, 06:55 PM
No, not correct way, that addon is tricore bootmode module, not good for edc15p bench reading.

Use the one included to unlock pcr2.1

mariuso2o
24th July, 2018, 08:02 PM
544342Im really having a hard time with all these adapters because there is no names on them.. but maybe you talking about this? it has a switch and power cables.https://imgur.com/a/ZcWjdW6

morgano
24th July, 2018, 10:21 PM
544342Im really having a hard time with all these adapters because there is no names on them.. but maybe you talking about this? it has a switch and power cables.https://imgur.com/a/ZcWjdW6

Exactly, that one is “the one”.

morgano
24th July, 2018, 10:23 PM
As i explained before, use that adapter, red, black, and green wire for kline. Switch to simulate key on/off.

dominik.m
24th July, 2018, 11:18 PM
EDC15P , EDC15P+ , EDC15VM ..... from VAG group pinout is the same.

Regards

longgo
3rd October, 2018, 10:09 AM
Exactly, that one is “the one”.

Well, seems I`m Myrphy`s loyer or brother because with exact same cable... and EDC15P+ from 1.9TDI PD 99`sh VW no luck at all...
Just to mention, via VAG COM in the car can read data(channels) from it.
So I connect first:
Pin 16 > K-line (using the green wire)
Pin 1,2,37 > "+" , using bench 12.8V supply
Pin 4,5 => ground
"Unknown ECU error" was the message kess show and that`s it.
Then try over the top post suggestion:
Pin 16 = K-line (green cable)
Pin 1,2,37,88 = "+"
Pin 4,5 = ground
Nope.. Same error
As last, so far I found info the yellow is K-line.. , so I try with the yellow one...
Again.. no happy kid..
Perhaps when manage to "kill" the immo, I`ll try to fit it back in the car and test using the OBD plug.. but still any chance to be some "hidden" rock?

morgano
3rd October, 2018, 11:11 AM
You need to feed from same source kess and ecu, in fact you should feed kess, and kess should feed ecu via the on off switch.

longgo
3rd October, 2018, 10:07 PM
My cable is exactly the same... and there was broken solder point so maybe that`s why the led didn`t get light (I was presuming when data or some command is sent then will get ON)

@morgano (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/380986-morgano) , and the others (whose reading):
after I fix the cable issue I`ve connect as follow:

adapter`s crocodile clips(on dual black / red cable) > +12 and GND on the bench supply

ECU Pin 2 > +12V from the bench source where the upper clip is connected
ECU Pin 4 > GND from the bench source , where the upper clip is connected
ECU Pin 5 > GND from the adapter. There is single black wire with clip
ECU Pin 37 > "+" , there come the red wire from the adapter
ECU Pin 16 > K-line (using the green wire)

Nothing more nothing less. Then after selecting the AJM , passat, EDC15+ and hit READ. It mumble something again for unknown ECU but when confirm that I`m stupid enough to continue.. it went to the state in the video " <..... connecting .....> " and show after a while (couple of seconds) the ECU version and so on..
Successfully manage to pull the OEM firmware.

Thanks for the hints guys