PDA

View Full Version : need help for entering LOCKSMITH job

jackie86
9th July, 2016, 01:31 PM
hello friends.
i've be planing too long to enter locksmith job.now it's time :)
can someone help me...

what tool you use (programmer and cutting machines)?
i'm mostly interested in:
VAG groupation,BMW, Mercedes, renault, peugeot, citroen,opel..
i have electronic skills,i do this job last 13 years(mostly autoradio, audio devices, instrument clusters, airbag, immo etc.)
thanks in advance..
regards,
Jackie

ray-ray
9th July, 2016, 03:11 PM
So you want to start at the top, and on a budget. VVDI to start and for keys blanks Autokeys.us

jackie86
9th July, 2016, 03:54 PM
Any other sugestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faraday
9th July, 2016, 06:58 PM
just use serch button, you will find tons of usefull information.

Levanime
9th July, 2016, 09:11 PM
i tried autokeys.us

they never replied,
i also tried registering but never got confirmation

Gavra
9th July, 2016, 09:20 PM
Buy good tools , if you buy chinese s*** you will spend same amount on medicine for headache. Just buy original tested tools and work less brands with no problems,do not be greedy ;)

whiskeyman
9th July, 2016, 10:18 PM
firstly
do you think there is a big market in your area?
how many other guys around you and have they been establised for years?
these will be the guys you will be trying to out price

weigh up the costs of outlay and then income
advertising and tax presuming you do pay tax because if you dont
and you decide to compete it wont be long before you get edited

insurance running cost shop or mobile based and list goes on and on

many try to start and then realise the cost from making beer tokens and actually running a business is two different things

so think long and hard before you commit

Autowave
10th July, 2016, 12:45 AM
I use the condor xc007 cutting machine and for the price I don't think you'll find better. For Renault I use truecode, Very reliable kit. Lexia diagnostics will cover Citroen and Peugeot programming and opcom is good for opel. These are all relatively cheap, and considering the low cost of clone sbb and mvp I would recommend those for random cars and the odd bit of pin code reading. I think vvdi will be the best for vag but with bmw and Mercedes I dont have too much experience yet. My next purchase will be Simon touch mb full which I have heard good things about.

Hope this helps

godfathertre
10th July, 2016, 06:55 PM
first of all if you do not have 10000 pounds plus do not even think of starting business i have 3 guys near where i operate i am struggling week by week some of the locksmiths in my area they are going around 45 thousand pounds

of tools in their vans etc very hard to make money timpson are cloning keys most shoe shops are cloning keys id 48 out for cloning keys so think twice before leap into this business also customers only phone you when lost keys

and they wont job done for peanuts good customers very hard to get you get a lot of window shoppers wasting your time better look elsewhere for some other venture .

sparkz02
11th July, 2016, 04:07 PM
AA is promoting very strong for auto locksmith jobs, which suppose aint going to help on the long run.

Autowave
11th July, 2016, 10:19 PM
Yes they are, I'm hoping that their locksmith skills will be as terrible as their mechanical knowledge...

ThiagoArgentino
12th July, 2016, 01:10 AM
You will need a good key cutting machine. key programming equipment (original preference, as will support) good money to buy stuff (keys, transponders and parts) and better able to do a basic course key doer, will help you with handling tools, openings, and better understand the operation of a cylinder inside. I hope I was helpfull.

obdsystems
12th July, 2016, 06:43 PM
It's no joke when customer is looking over shoulder "saying how's it going ? "
So my advice is if your going to be an auto-locksmith, go in big time. Get stock of keys, multiple kit, etc.

And listen to advice above
(if your in UK, your in a crowded market)

Good luck!

ninja123
12th July, 2016, 07:07 PM
Yes they are, I'm hoping that their locksmith skills will be as terrible as their mechanical knowledge...

The AA advert is doing me good, they had to stop their last add due to AA members thinking that the key service was for free!

And when the AA member gets a quote and the time span, they soon come my way :)

CaioW
12th July, 2016, 09:51 PM
There is a long way to became a good one.. but if you have time and really want you will achiev.

Some devices to iniciate in this busines..

VAG - Super VAG (You will need some device to do the precoded keys from cars after 2006, who came with CAN system, you will do some but not all)

BMW - There is to types of immobilizer in bmw.. CAS and EWS. You will need two diferent tools to do the work. I've been working with MBE a long time and they have a really good device to read the EWS system (cars before 2005/06) called KEY MAKER FOR EWS. To do the CAS systems there is some good devices i have tested like, VVDI2 and BMW MULTITOOL, the second one a have used ALOT and is a good device make CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 AND CAS3+, for CAS4 the device came with one option that can reflash the unit for one old version, program the key and put the cas4 system again, but i dont advice doing that, have some friends who tried and erased the cas.

SKP900 - Really good tool for the ASIAN brand of cars, PSA group (you cant get the pincode with that device), land roover, range rover, mazda.. etc.. they will do alot of cars.
SBB/CK100 - Two of the devices you will need to have for cars before 2005, like SKP900 most of the cars you dont get the pincode, but for programming remotes and keys they are good.

The DiagnosticBOX TDB007 - Really simple device to read PINCODES from K-Line and Canbus cars (kline before 2004 and canbus after), to read pincode from cars before 2004 is a little more dificult but nothing really hard.

VVDI2 - New Device from Xhorse (REALLY good company), indeed i have tested with some cars but not alot.. so.. The device have option for reading pincode and key programming for PSA, keyprogramming and remote programming for VAG and BMW (CAS). But as i said i dont have tried so much.

Renault EcuTool - Master piece for a looksmith to do all the renautl key and modules adaptation.

VVDI MB TOOL - New device from Xhorse to do the mercedes benz keys, doing from 97 to 2013.. 2014 alot of keys. Of course the device dont do everything, there is no device in the market who can do all the keys, and if someone tell you that, it is a lie. Need some time to understand how the system from mercedes works, but if you get the logic you can use any device.

Mini Condor Key Cutting Machine - For me, the best key cutting machine for his price ( 3,500~3800€ ). I have one and im really happy.

Im sorry for the long post, but you can iniciate in this busine with one machine to cut the keys and one machine to clone the keys, but come one.. if you have some experience with immo and eletronic, put all your head in this and buy some good stuff. But remember.. you NEED to keep reading and studing for the rest of your life.

Good work for you my friend!

:)

CaioW
12th July, 2016, 10:02 PM
I use the condor xc007 cutting machine and for the price I don't think you'll find better. For Renault I use truecode, Very reliable kit. Lexia diagnostics will cover Citroen and Peugeot programming and opcom is good for opel. These are all relatively cheap, and considering the low cost of clone sbb and mvp I would recommend those for random cars and the odd bit of pin code reading. I think vvdi will be the best for vag but with bmw and Mercedes I dont have too much experience yet. My next purchase will be Simon touch mb full which I have heard good things about.

Hope this helps

I have some friend who have this Simons Touch, and almost every day i need to do the calc from the keys for them.. I really dont have used but the experience from who i know are very bad.

jackie86
12th July, 2016, 11:59 PM
There is a long way to became a good one.. but if you have time and really want you will achiev.

Some devices to iniciate in this busines..

VAG - Super VAG (You will need some device to do the precoded keys from cars after 2006, who came with CAN system, you will do some but not all)

BMW - There is to types of immobilizer in bmw.. CAS and EWS. You will need two diferent tools to do the work. I've been working with MBE a long time and they have a really good device to read the EWS system (cars before 2005/06) called KEY MAKER FOR EWS. To do the CAS systems there is some good devices i have tested like, VVDI2 and BMW MULTITOOL, the second one a have used ALOT and is a good device make CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 AND CAS3+, for CAS4 the device came with one option that can reflash the unit for one old version, program the key and put the cas4 system again, but i dont advice doing that, have some friends who tried and erased the cas.

SKP900 - Really good tool for the ASIAN brand of cars, PSA group (you cant get the pincode with that device), land roover, range rover, mazda.. etc.. they will do alot of cars.
SBB/CK100 - Two of the devices you will need to have for cars before 2005, like SKP900 most of the cars you dont get the pincode, but for programming remotes and keys they are good.

The DiagnosticBOX TDB007 - Really simple device to read PINCODES from K-Line and Canbus cars (kline before 2004 and canbus after), to read pincode from cars before 2004 is a little more dificult but nothing really hard.

VVDI2 - New Device from Xhorse (REALLY good company), indeed i have tested with some cars but not alot.. so.. The device have option for reading pincode and key programming for PSA, keyprogramming and remote programming for VAG and BMW (CAS). But as i said i dont have tried so much.

Renault EcuTool - Master piece for a looksmith to do all the renautl key and modules adaptation.

VVDI MB TOOL - New device from Xhorse to do the mercedes benz keys, doing from 97 to 2013.. 2014 alot of keys. Of course the device dont do everything, there is no device in the market who can do all the keys, and if someone tell you that, it is a lie. Need some time to understand how the system from mercedes works, but if you get the logic you can use any device.

Mini Condor Key Cutting Machine - For me, the best key cutting machine for his price ( 3,500~3800? ). I have one and im really happy.

Im sorry for the long post, but you can iniciate in this busine with one machine to cut the keys and one machine to clone the keys, but come one.. if you have some experience with immo and eletronic, put all your head in this and buy some good stuff. But remember.. you NEED to keep reading and studing for the rest of your life.

Good work for you my friend!

Your post is very helpful. thank you very much for your time and unselfish support.

CaioW
13th July, 2016, 01:32 AM
Your post is very helpful. thank you very much for your time and unselfish support.

You'r welcome my friend, we are here to help each other.
Anything you need to know and i can solve.. just ask.

edit: omg, and i'm sorry the The DiagnosticBOX TDB007 is for PSA group ONLY.