PDA

View Full Version : BOSCH ME7.1.1 need to clone.

AvechuchoAxel
10th July, 2016, 10:56 PM
What does it takes to clone this ECU?
2004 BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT

water damage in both ECU's

Flash and EEPROM only? I found a second hand ECU set to be cloned.

After cloning.... is there any further step to take care of?

Thanks

MrStache
11th July, 2016, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I'm going trough the same proces but with a later ECU (MED17)

From what I found on the ME7.1 it should be enough to copy a full read (eeprom+flash) from the original ECU to the new ECU.
If part numbers and software numbers match this should be enough.

Take this with a pinch of salt though - I've never tried it :)

AvechuchoAxel
11th July, 2016, 06:41 PM
Thanks...... I'll make a copy of those files, but ultimately I'll just swap them... having a back up copy is always good.

If hardware match with the original..., but sticker has a different number, which one should I replace besides the flash and eeprom?

Thanks!! again!

MrStache
11th July, 2016, 06:43 PM
If hardware is the same and only software is different you might get away with copying a full read.
I'm not sure - just back up ALL originals and you can't do any permanent damage? :)

veloseeped
19th July, 2016, 09:15 AM
What does it takes to clone this ECU?
Flash and EEPROM only? I found a second hand ECU set to be cloned.

Flash and eeprom is not enough for this version of ME7.1.1
You must also rewrite main CPU (ST10) content.

Apsik
22nd July, 2016, 02:55 PM
I work with ME7 ECUs a lot.
You did not posted ECU numbers.

If your spare ECUs comes from Bentley Continrntal GT similar year & same engine - you should be OK swaping flash & eeprom only.

If you have Trasdata or KTAG you can read the CPU but in most cases it is not necessarily.

Example - I run Touareg 3.2 ECU in Phaeton 3.2 - all I copied was eeprom and flash.

David car ECU
23rd July, 2016, 08:43 PM
You can try to pour data IC try:burnout:

VWFob
15th March, 2019, 06:53 PM
I work with ME7 ECUs a lot.
You did not posted ECU numbers.

If your spare ECUs comes from Bentley Continrntal GT similar year & same engine - you should be OK swaping flash & eeprom only.

If you have Trasdata or KTAG you can read the CPU but in most cases it is not necessarily.

Example - I run Touareg 3.2 ECU in Phaeton 3.2 - all I copied was eeprom and flash.

Revival time :-)
I'm trying to make a spare ecu for my Touareg 3.2.
Do I have to get the same part number 022906032BE with engine code AZZ on it or can I just get a 022906032 (other letters) and call it a day?

Apsik
15th March, 2019, 08:59 PM
Yes and No
If your ECU receives VSS via CAN from ABS than you should look for similar "CAN ECU".
If your ECU receives VSS via separate wire than ... it's K-Line ECU and you have to look for such.

bahman pour
16th March, 2019, 07:39 PM
Hi. Is there a ecu for diesel generator deutz type: BF4M1013EC ?
What is the type : ECU?

VWFob
25th March, 2019, 08:49 PM
Touareg is from 2004, only k-line.
What is the procedure and tools to clone the ecu. I'm buying the same part number with same letters at the end. What tools and steps to follow please? If I can avoid opening the original ecu that would be great. I have a galletto and an ftdi rl chip cable. I have the skc pin of my ecu.