PDA

View Full Version : Can I add a DVD RW to a Dreambox 600c?

Toilet sniffer V
2nd September, 2009, 10:35 PM
There looks like there's a slot in the front. Can I get a DM 600, add an internal HDD with say 500gb + a DVD RW?

caveman_nige
2nd September, 2009, 10:37 PM
the slot onthe front is for cards... inside their is only room for a tuner and a 2.5" IDE hard disk... you cannot add a DVD of any sorts, you can attach it to your home network and record to a PC if you like and make DVDs from there..

Toilet sniffer V
2nd September, 2009, 10:45 PM
the slot onthe front is for cards... inside their is only room for a tuner and a 2.5" IDE hard disk... you cannot add a DVD of any sorts, you can attach it to your home network and record to a PC if you like and make DVDs from there..

Oh well. I'm now tempted to just get a DM 600C. I can get a clone for ?90 or a genuine one for ?190. As there is talk that they may soon stop working, I think I'll just get a clone, unless someone tells me otherwise.

I just need a PVR, links to a HDD (external is fine), If I can't have anything else for reasonable money. Aagh now I'm tempted to get a Eurovox or Starview USB. I assume they are all much of muchness and are getting sick of me mithering you. I get my cable installed tomorrow so God knows what I'll decide but time is running out!

I really appreciate your help. Cowabunga dude.

Bonesy
3rd September, 2009, 11:00 AM
I assume they are all much of muchness and are getting sick of me mithering you. I get my cable installed tomorrow so God knows what I'll decide but time is running out!

I really appreciate your help. Cowabunga dude.

Erm, no actually...the Dreambox has a lot more flexibilitiy