PDA

View Full Version : WinOLS vs. ECMTitanium...

Jan1980
14th July, 2016, 11:09 AM
Hi mates.

I made a lot of cars with bought files. But now, i want to learn to remap by myself. EGR and DPF off for the beginning, tuning later. I want to buy an original remap software. I tried with cracked versions, but like you know, always any problems... So, Winols is very very expensive for learning and trying without enough experience and without enough customer/jobs.
I found ECM titanium in 1000 credit version. It is not cheap, too. But i think it is easier for beginner. What are the advantages/disadvantages between winols and ecm titanium ?? I know, most of good tuners work with winols. So, do you think, ecm titanium is worth the money ?

THX a lot !

Jan

jguerrasolana
14th July, 2016, 11:30 AM
i think that for beginners ECM is the best, after you undertand maps and do some tunnings you can buy winols, but for beginners, its better ECM, more easy to understand interface and work with it.... its my personal opinion

mariusica_boy
14th July, 2016, 01:14 PM
I have both,,, Winols and Ecm Titanium originals. For starters buy ecm titanim full version because in credit version no have driver and u need pay one by one and is expensive. In time when u get experience is good to buy Winols, because ecm is limited.

kinketotua
14th July, 2016, 04:47 PM
Hi! Race2000 its a very good option. More profesional than ecm but not dificult as winols. Its my opinion...

4nubis
14th July, 2016, 04:54 PM
Hi! Race2000 its a very good option. More profesional than ecm but not dificult as winols. Its my opinion...

Do you got a link?

Jan1980
14th July, 2016, 07:23 PM
Never heared from race2000..
So, you think if i want to buy ecm titanium i should not go with credit version ? A driver is 40 euro.. On evc, the checksum is 250 euro i believe..?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan1980
15th July, 2016, 01:17 AM
Can i make EGR off, DPF off and delete DTC with ECM titanium, too ?

kinketotua
15th July, 2016, 07:20 AM
I dont have link, sorry. Race2000 is from dimsport. Yes you can do egr dpf but also with hex editor knowing the adreses. For these work is better winols with damos, swiftec,ess software... But if you want to chiptuning race2000 is good option

jakkeviet
15th July, 2016, 11:44 AM
if you want to do egr off dpf off only winols is good tool

WinWoj
15th July, 2016, 07:28 PM
Yes, ECM helps you in old edc15 make egroff, some tune etc. Thats all.. ECM haven't lib file with proper egr maps for edc16 and others...
i.e egroff in edc15:

Jan1980
16th July, 2016, 12:22 AM
I phoned today with alien-tech seller in my country. The man told me the differences between credit and full version. He talked about the driver maker and he said i don?t have to buy any checksums if i am working with kess or ktag. The tools calculate the checksum automatically. He also said (like members in this thread) ecm titanium is better for beginners and winols for professionals. He works with winols.. :D
He said, it is very difficult to make egr off or dpf off in titanium on newer ecu?s, because it?s forbidden in my country and in cause of this the tables are not visible with ordinary titanium drivers. So, i have to add money to get the driver maker.

So, ECM titanium seems to be easier to learn but cannot do everything. With all drivers package and driver maker expensive, too. Winols is difficult to learn but i can make everything, but it?s more expensive i think and the checksums are expensive, too.

I worked with tunerpro in the past to make my firebird transam with dynamicefi ecu. To define the maps i had to load a bin defination file, xdf file. I think, driver in ecm titanium is like xdf file in tunerpro ? And on winols, i need the "map pack" to see the maps with name ? Right ? How to get this map pack ?

Other question. For ecm titanium i don?t need to buy checksums because it will be calculated with kess/ktag. Can i also use winols without checksums if i read and write bins with kess/ktag ??
I own original EVC BDM100. Does it calculate the checksums by itself, too ?

jakkeviet
16th July, 2016, 05:16 AM
yes you are right bdm100 / bsl100 need everytime chksumm.. kess/k-tag no support chksumm everytimes you need chek before writing. when you choose cars you can see two spot (support read and chksumm calculation)

bobolin4o
16th July, 2016, 06:51 AM
Comparing those 2 softwares is like to compare Porsche and Yugo...
Titanium is software with pre-loaded maps, wich are not always compleate set, or with wrong names... wich are for "beginers"... what mean "beginer"? The man who change some values somehow...
WinOls is free editable software like an any ordinary hex editor, but with capabilities to find maps automatically, or create your own, with factor and ofset, sign, etc...
Using softwares like Titanium, Swiftec, Race... the "user" will stay "beginer" for ever...
I want to say, that in beginning i used the ECM, for about 10 cars, then i realised, that i don't want to be a "slave"...
How sooner you realize this, will be better for you!

Jan1980
16th July, 2016, 11:37 AM
Thank you for your replies mates. Now, i decided me and i bought Winols beginner version with 20 checksum points. I think, it?s the right way to go. It?s difficult to learn, but i can learn everything correctly from the beginning. And, for me, there is no sense to begin with ecm titanium for XXXX Euro with corrupted drivers and later spend money again to learn the "real thing". I have seen, many people sell their titanium to go with winols in the future. Now, it?s time for learning and a lot of sleepless nights... I am a helpful dk member in other categories (immo, ecu, locksmith) and i hope you will help me to find the right way to learn winols for a beginner...

bobolin4o
16th July, 2016, 02:19 PM
Right decision, mate, wish you luck and less sleepless nights...!
WinOls is not too complicate programm, actually is very simple... Complicated is to understand the logic of the programmers, who created the actual ECU, which you must to modify...
For this you will need some damos files... but it is not too hard to find them for free (there are free big damos pack colection, floating in the NET)...
In addition, if you need something specific, you can always buy it...
So, good luck!

nkiller
24th August, 2016, 02:44 AM
I've got a MET16 emulator from Dimsport + Race2000 (from internet). So software is same s*it as Ecm 2001, even worse.
Driver based, there are no handwrite function, only one "highlight" function that you can color your maps' rows.
For emulate function is good, very good trace function, but hardware is very temperature sensitive - Aprox 45 minutes in 35+ celisus, starts droping the connection with PC. After that you need to cooling it, and after that you are back in the game!
So if there is a way to swap Winols driver libs, to use Met16 lib (not a ols200), life will be great!