PDA

View Full Version : Backup problems

Jaffa
17th March, 2008, 03:07 PM
I just got my nephews 360 flashed and its hit and miss with the backups, some play and some give bad disc error. The problem is they work on my mates 360 everytime and his 360 is flashed with same firmware but it is a different drive so I am assuming it is the Samsung drive not liking the media.

I have been using Pidata ritex discs, I dont really want to have to use Verbatims because of price but will if I have to.

Any you guys reccomend any other data for Samsung drive...I heard Aone are not bad.

thommo
17th March, 2008, 03:36 PM
aone m8, i use them now after using verbs for ages, the aone play in both drive fine everytime for me.

cheap disks too so even if you do get a coaster its not all bad,

janobi
17th March, 2008, 03:40 PM
aone m8, i use them now after using verbs for ages, the aone play in both drive fine everytime for me.

Yeah aones for me to mate. Cheap and cheerful. SVP has them back in stock too. Under ?4 for 10. Cant go wrong mate.

Jaffa
17th March, 2008, 03:42 PM

Thanks thommo and Janobi, I just got 4 tubs of Pidata but my mate gave me the money for them and took them. Roll on the next 99p postage...lol

violentj
20th March, 2008, 12:12 AM
howd you guys get to be pink?????

anywho id avoid the aones if you dont want to be replacing your drive 8 months down the line,they may well work but WILL destroy your laser,the best budget disc by far is the purple to trax data discs-burn a 8x 9 quid for 10,solid discs

oh and while were on discs avoid fortis and prime and zero defex too there all drive killers

janobi
20th March, 2008, 01:20 AM
howd you guys get to be pink?????

anywho id avoid the aones if you dont want to be replacing your drive 8 months down the line,they may well work but WILL destroy your laser,the best budget disc by far is the purple to trax data discs-burn a 8x 9 quid for 10,solid discs

oh and while were on discs avoid fortis and prime and zero defex too there all drive killers

Hmm. I think any sort of copied disk can cause these issues mate, and wouldnt say its brand specific. As for trax data not a fan myself, but whatever works for you.

violentj
23rd March, 2008, 01:57 PM
Hmm. I think any sort of copied disk can cause these issues mate, and wouldnt say its brand specific. As for trax data not a fan myself, but whatever works for you.

not verbs mate long long long time last do they

janobi
23rd March, 2008, 02:14 PM
not verbs mate long long long time last do they

Any copied disk will cause the lens problems, as they are burnt instead of pressed, therefore the laser finds it harder to read. And that can cause problems in the long run. I totally agree verbs are and always will be the best disks around, unless they change the azo layer or something.

smirnoff_rules
23rd March, 2008, 04:32 PM
aones for me but only when using a pionnier writer . any other drive isnt the same , they do burn sometimes in a different drive but theres more chance of a error when playing the disc

Jaffa
23rd March, 2008, 05:34 PM
aones for me but only when using a pionnier writer . any other drive isnt the same , they do burn sometimes in a different drive but theres more chance of a error when playing the disc

I will let you know what the outcome is with the Aones and not a pioneer as I have just burned 2 games and will give them to my nephew tomorrow.

violentj
29th March, 2008, 02:12 PM
if anybodys interested i can get verb 10 packs at 10 quid a pack
quid a disc

jake1970
13th April, 2008, 09:59 AM
i also use aone or PiData Ritek disks also svp not had 1 bad burn out of 50+ using dvd decryter

Jaffa
13th April, 2008, 11:14 AM
lol..I forgot to mention that the Aone discs are working 100% so far. Thx guys.

C64
13th April, 2008, 10:16 PM
lol..I forgot to mention that the Aone discs are working 100% so far. Thx guys.

Aones for me too mate, 99.99% success rate.

janobi
14th April, 2008, 06:54 PM
Aones for me too mate, 99.99% success rate.

Yeah me to, aint had a bad burn yet.