PDA

View Full Version : PES 2009 pics

dazza78
17th July, 2008, 12:30 PM
just found these on kanomi ,dont say when it will b released ,but we all know its normally october
hope theyve sorted out all the probs from 08
cant wait
dazza78

PES 2009
PES 2009 - First screenshots!
Hot on the heels of the annoucement of PES 2009, here are the first five screenshots seen anywhere! Enjoy!

posted by Konami

six2
17th July, 2008, 12:44 PM
it looks good, but wont rush out and get it this year, will wait till theres loads of reports about how it plays.

Raven
17th July, 2008, 02:24 PM
Looks too much like PES2008 for my liking. They have made the graphics sharper though. I just hope that this is a sign that they are focusing on radical improvements to how the game plays, because frankly the last two next gen PES games were boring to play and a definitive step back for the series. Not to mention broken online, shame too because playing Pro Evo online when it works properly is really something else. Of course when it's a fair game that is and the other person isn't cheating by pausing it briefly every time its your goal kick. That really got on my nerves about the last PES game online worse than the lag because it was like WHY ??

ticticboom
20th July, 2008, 01:05 PM
yeah gt the 360 version and it sucks on line the lag is bad how can they nt fix it pes6 had no probs why has 2008 :(

HUPextreme
20th July, 2008, 06:27 PM
it has probs on the next gen consoles because it was simply ported from the old gens. It was not built on the architecture of the ps3 or 360.

Raven
22nd July, 2008, 12:35 PM
it has probs on the next gen consoles because it was simply ported from the old gens. It was not built on the architecture of the ps3 or 360.

I can see that point for the PES 6 on Xbox360 since if that was ported over it was tellable in the final game at least graphically....nontheless if it's the case that both next gen PES games were ports then shouldn't the gameplay and online functionality have remained to the same degree of quality as the old Xbox and PS2 titles ? It should have.

Also I find it extremely hard to believe that PES 2008 was a previous gen port - the graphics are too good and the gameplay and online lag are too poor to be a previous gen port. And not to mention this upcoming PES is using the exact same engine used for PES2008, for better or worse. I just hope they concentrate on gameplay and online functionality this year if nothing else because if it carries on like this then as hard as it is to believe, but FIFA will end up being the king of footy games eventually including in terms of all around gameplay.

There's no such thing as a games company selling it's soul or anything because it's all about the money and it almost always has been, but I do hope that Konami get their act together like EA Sports has with it's recent FIFA games and I hope they do it quickly, because as crap as the past two PES games are Konami do and always have made the best pure footy games in the industry and at the end of the day PES is a game that sells itself based totally on it's gameplay and if that's broken then Konami no longer have a good game on their hands....however unfortunately if the previous two PES games are anything to go by it seems Konami are simply cashing in on the PES franchise's name value now. I hope not but that's the way it seems. I just pray that the next PES game is a return to form but I am not holding my breath.

randomuser83
28th July, 2008, 06:54 PM
The game seems fine to me. But then again I play it really casually.

Raven
3rd August, 2008, 12:43 PM
The game seemed fine to me aswell at first, but the minute you go online or go back and play any previous Pro Evo Soccer game or it's Japanese version counterpart you start to realise in record time that PES2008 is just crap and a monumental backstep for the franchise, which is a big shame. I never thought that I would be saying it but certainly this year at least FIFA is much the better game on next gen consoles. This year's upcoming editions are really up in the air since under analysis of recent and past games - either game this year really could go either way, I wouldn't want to bet on which one will be better lol......although saying that if I had to guess I would have to say FIFA because they seem to be the only one taking risks and changing the direction of their football games for better it has to be said whereas Konami are seemingly happy to release the same game year after year with updated rosters. Ironically it's quite the role reversal when you look at it properly.

Sig-gotyouth
3rd August, 2008, 11:28 PM
well.. apparently this years 2 english licencesed clubs are Manchester United and Liverpool and it will hve an official Champions League option in the game.

I saw the trailer and while it doesn't make my jaw drop in any way it looks ok... minus the dissapearing crowds :(...
Im sure the play will be better then fifa who for every licence just dont seem to cut it in gameplay. I guesse we'll see... and I get to play it this month at Leipzig games convention so wooop!

Raven
4th August, 2008, 09:11 PM
Let us know how that turns out over at Leipzig, I had heard aswell that Man United and Liverpool were the licensed Premiership clubs this year and it's about time Liverpool were licensed on a PES game....obviously Manchester United are there because of the Champions League success....at least there are two top four type clubs represented this year....no offense intended to Tottenham Hotspur or Newcastle United but I have no idea why they were picked for license last time out because they aren't major clubs or top 4 sides, or at least they weren't at the time.

As for the Champion's League license for PES is this confirmed ? Because I had heard a rumor that PES had obtained the UEFA Champions League license....but I find this a little hard to swallow since EA Sports had the ECL license and did in fact themselves have a UEFA Champions League video game franchise to go alongside FIFA and major football tournament games....not to mention the fact that I would imagine it would cost a hell of alot more to get the Champions League license than it would to get the rest of the Premiership licensed.

Speaking on the presentation of the game I don't care what it looks like or so much what it sounds like either, the most important thing for me is how a game plays, seconded by how immersive it is depending on the genre but in a football game it's all about gameplay for me and so long as the next PES is a big improvement in it's trademark responsive and fluid gameplay I wouldn't be bothered about much else to be quite honest.

Dan2k8
5th August, 2008, 01:41 PM
I've always owned fifa and never PES but after playing 2008 on a friends 360 think I will buy 2009 for my ps3 :) Looks good

Raven
5th August, 2008, 02:03 PM
m8 if you liked pes2008 and that was the first pes game you played then you owe it to yourself to try and play the previous pes games since they are just so much better in every way other than graphics and commentary....even though pes2008 has mark lawresnson lol.

lukasa
9th August, 2008, 06:55 PM
that's gotta be cool

star6900
12th August, 2008, 01:29 PM
Looks good

asuk
14th August, 2008, 12:05 AM
pro evolution soccer has always been fantastic in gameplay and graphics.
i hope the x box live on line play is better this time round.. u can still have a great match with no lag but not always. fifa is fun with graphics and commentary. tactically and technically the game is never good enough..

bigzuk
16th August, 2008, 02:39 AM
Fifa all the way :dancing2:

Raven
16th August, 2008, 05:58 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that FIFA will be better than PES this year....I've been reading up on that game and it sounds like it will be as much an improvement this coming year as it was last year whereas PES doesn't seem to have added much and looks exactly the same as last year - I'm still hoping the PES gameplay this year much, much improved.

dazza78
24th August, 2008, 12:07 PM
Konami has said its eagerly-awaited Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 has been "reworked from the ground up" and will include new modes and gameplay.

'Become A Legend' is the main new solo mode to the UK edition, which casts players as a rookie pro at the start of their career as a midfielder or striker. Using a default vertical camera view, gamers control one player throughout their career instead of the player closest to the ball.

The player's overall aim is to make sure they are constantly chosen to play in the first 11 in their team and to attract the eyes of larger clubs, ensuring a move to top-flight soccer.

The mode, an extension of the 'Fix' option, has proved popular in Japan, where it has featured in Pro Evo games since 2007.

An online variation of the mode entitled 'Legend' will see gamers use their saved offline player and put him up against a worldwide audience.

Konami also confirmed that it has refined the control system in the game, with players able to perform tricks and feints without the use of special moves. Weather conditions will also have a more pronounced effect on the weight and movement of passes.

The way a player guides the ball has been altered, with new physics taking into account air resistance and ground friction.

The game has also undergone a graphics upgrade, with Konami confirming that "stadiums now have more realistic environment and atmospheric elements, while the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will also showcase LED hoardings".

Konami's Jon Murphy said of the title's new gameplay: "We have pulled out all the stops to make PES 2009 a landmark in footballing games."

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 is scheduled for release on PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP, mobile phone and PC this autumn. A Wii version of the game will be released Spring 2009.

cant wait till october
dazza
:guns:

Raven
29th August, 2008, 04:14 PM
Quality write up there, m8. I'd just like to add to this aswell.....from what I've read from people who have played advanced versions of the game and from what I could tell from the gameplay videos the game apparently plays more like PES 5 and PES 6 than the previous version as the pace of the game is apparently alot more considered and defense orientated as opposed to PES2008.

The Be A Legend mode (aka Fantasista mode in the Jap versions) is basically the same as Be A Pro in the FIFA games. However I like the idea of being able to transfer to different clubs, I'm not sure if this is allowed in the upcoming FIFA game however one thing I know for certain is that the PES version allows for many many more seasons to play as opposed to FIFA's quite paltry 4 seasons.

Edit mode is where it's at this year because it's been much improved on last year's version in that now it's basically the same edit mode which is in the PS2 versions, in other words not many restrictions whatsoever....making their debut on next gen PES games in the editor are the pixel paint creators as seen in the PS2 counterparts which allow players to recreate club badges and club sponsors, but perhaps even better than this is the introduction of jpeg/png imports - up to 40 - via the eyetoy or hard drive aswell as mp3 imports for chants and menu music.

It's really shaping up to be a good year for football games since PES seems to be back on song and I've been hearing and noticing some good things about FIFA also. Roll on October. ;)

dazza78
30th August, 2008, 10:38 AM
good on ya m8 !
i cant bloody wait till oct , playing last nite on pes online
i forgot how much of a pain in the arse the lag is ,lol
roll on october
dazza

<--dazza78 added 15 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...-->

have a look at this m8
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f15/wembley-6866/
dazza

potnoodle
16th September, 2008, 07:45 PM
has there been a official lease date for this game yet?

kerbdog
16th September, 2008, 08:38 PM
is it true that yea can download packs that will name the clubs correctly?

Raven
17th September, 2008, 02:32 AM
Officially no, underground yes. There are ways and means if you know where to look. ;)

dazza78
18th September, 2008, 09:13 AM
Officially no, underground yes. There are ways and means if you know where to look. ;)

to right there is
it can always be done
not long now and pes9 will be here

hey raven , ive pre ordered my pes9 , so when will it turn up? any ideas?
thanks
dazza:rock:

Raven
18th September, 2008, 03:30 PM
Well I was in the local GAME store the other week and so they reckon it would be mid October at the latest. Saying that the last time I pre ordered anything (Metal Gear Solid 2) I got that game a week or two earlier than the street date if I remember correctly. I'd save yourself the aggro m8 and say to yourself mid October.

The trouble for me is that Silent Hill Homecoming is coming out at around the same time apparently and if that turns out to be the case I am going to have that familiar headache of which to play first and getting withdrawals from one game as i play the other game lol.

Dunno if you know about this site but head on over to WENB (google it WENB) and they post weekly podcasts and all manner of news, pics and videos on everything PES2009.

Wolak
20th September, 2008, 02:49 PM
I cant wait for PES 2009 demo.

Roowtje
20th September, 2008, 08:45 PM
They look awesome. I realy can't wait for the game!!!!!

andreitcruz
3rd October, 2008, 12:59 AM
I cant wait for PES 2009 demo[2]