PDA

View Full Version : Another Dm800 Motor problem - slightly different!

Ruddyrum
4th September, 2009, 10:13 AM
Ok, so i have been having loads of troubles using my motor with my dm800! At first it didn't move at all, but that turns out it was a psu issues.

So the problem now is when i tell the dm800 to goto 0 it always goes about 10-15 degrees east of south! If i do a manual reset on the dish (align the dish with true south) and then tell the box to goto 0, it will go all the way east, and then park itself on 10-15 degrees east of south again!!

Often, manually moving the dish easet/west with the remote does not work, however when i tell the dm800 to goto 0 again, it does its usual trick!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th September, 2009, 02:59 PM
The middle of the motor depends on your longitude and latitude settings. If i send my motor to 0 it goes 7e. To have the motor to turn to 0 exactly when you send it to 0 is to have your long and lat at 0.0 and 0.0

Ruddyrum
4th September, 2009, 04:39 PM
The strange thing is, the dish is setup with gotoxx for the dm500 which i gather also uses lat and long! for some reason it doesnt work on the dm800!

The annoying thing is, i cannot seem to manually (via the remote) try to move the sat! Im starting to give up with this... my temp solution is to use the dm500 to move the sat, and use the dm800 to watch :)

mm009b
7th September, 2009, 01:20 PM
The strange thing is, the dish is setup with gotoxx for the dm500 which i gather also uses lat and long! for some reason it doesnt work on the dm800!

The annoying thing is, i cannot seem to manually (via the remote) try to move the sat! Im starting to give up with this... my temp solution is to use the dm500 to move the sat, and use the dm800 to watch :)

it sounds like its down to settings mate i dont use goto x function what motor are you using ?
my settings are many sats ,expert ,lnb 1,28 e is 1,23.5e is 2 ,ect i say no to use usuals and motor turns no problem
im using technomate 2600 disec 1.2 hope this helps mate