PDA

View Full Version : My DM800 experience

theobserver
4th September, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi,
over the last 24 hours I have setup my first DM800 (clone). It's been somewhat of a challenge but it always is first time around.:hmmmm2:

anyway:
My box will take bootloader 72. so I installed "Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.10" out of the download section (thanks) which is bootloader 72 R0.

I flashed it by going into telnet and typing the following:

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

Then hit the box via a browser - http:192.168....what ever IP yours is. This gave you an option to then upgrade it remotely.

All went well until I tried to set it up. I found I had to boot it a number of times to get it to pick up the HDMI (may be better doing it via scart at first and then changing it to HDMI after)

Next problem was the Remote control and the poor performance of it. I had to point it directly at the box and be about 5 foot away max. Got stressed at this point as it was past my bed time..lol:sleep:. It appears that this is a know problem and some have brough ALL in ONE remotes to use! I'm not doing that after paying out enough for the box. However rest assured I find a fix for it!

The Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.10 in the download is bootloader 72 R0. I discovered that if you install "R1" the problem with the remote goes away and it works a treat. Follow this link by WESTKILL (thanks) which has the R1 files and a process for doing it.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dm800-support-34751/

You only need to do the reambox-secondstage_72-r1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f39/3050d1238572033-dm800-support-dreambox-secondstage_72-r1_dm800.zip) part of the update.

I found that this R1 also made the box reliable when booting up etc.

the rest was about setting up all the goodies.:driver:

I have still got problems but I will put them in a new thread to keep it simple

That's it in a nut shell. I just need to make a backup of this image to avoid going through the pain again...lol

cheers

TOBS!

Amnesiac
4th September, 2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks - esp the link to the r1 remote fix.. what a PIA that is.

Like you I got a clone. I saw it was ssl72 so tried the latest PLi and bricked the box... then couldn't get dreamup to work (which I found was cos the null modem cable was bust) then I had to solder a new one...and THEN I got the point you got with the Niablosat image.

I'll try the ssl72-r1 as you suggest once I have the CAMs and bouquets set up and that image backed up :-)

A.

mfaraj57
6th September, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hi
my dm800 is clone and and since 1 year i have troubles with remote and i could not fix it and above posts are helpful
but my clone dm800 does not accept bootloader above ss69 so i could not solve the problem by the ss72 r1
so anyone has suggestion to fix the remote performance?

Amnesiac
8th September, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hi
my dm800 is clone and and since 1 year i have troubles with remote and i could not fix it and above posts are helpful
but my clone dm800 does not accept bootloader above ss69 so i could not solve the problem by the ss72 r1
so anyone has suggestion to fix the remote performance?
Well, if you look for "DM 800 clone full pack anti tuner fail +cardreader" which I'd post here but not sure if I can then you'll find the files you need to load later drivers but make them work with earlier bootloaders. The copy I have has instructions in Spanish but there are other instructions on the 'net.
I've not tried this (yet) as I've only just got the PLi image I want working (and now backed up to an .nfi) and so can start fiddling with the box knowing I've got a restorable backup. That said the backup plug-in seems to put ssl70 into the image and I've not fully tested my restore :-)

Baby steps for me... as I only got this a week ago and its much less straight forward than the DM500C was.

A.

mfaraj57
9th September, 2009, 04:43 AM
Well, if you look for "DM 800 clone full pack anti tuner fail +cardreader" which I'd post here but not sure if I can then you'll find the files you need to load later drivers but make them work with earlier bootloaders. The copy I have has instructions in Spanish but there are other instructions on the 'net.
I've not tried this (yet) as I've only just got the PLi image I want working (and now backed up to an .nfi) and so can start fiddling with the box knowing I've got a restorable backup. That said the backup plug-in seems to put ssl70 into the image and I've not fully tested my restore :-)

Baby steps for me... as I only got this a week ago and its much less straight forward than the DM500C was.

A.
Hi
I did not get what i need from "DM 800 clone full pack anti tuner fail +cardreader" i found this package include drivers for images with bootloader ss69
i have already insallted image with ss69 and drivers what benifit from this package "DM 800 clone full pack anti tuner fail +cardreader"
what is responsible for remote problem
i have pureflash nabilo ss69 on internal flash and the latest versions of gemini,nabilo,milo,peterpan,newenigma and dreamforum images on external usb flash
everything is working fine apart from poor performance of remote even when i am close to receiver

Amnesiac
11th September, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hi
I did not get what i need from "DM 800 clone full pack anti tuner fail +cardreader" i found this package include drivers for images with bootloader ss69
i have already insallted image with ss69 and drivers what benifit from this package "DM 800 clone full pack anti tuner fail +cardreader"
what is responsible for remote problem
i have pureflash nabilo ss69 on internal flash and the latest versions of gemini,nabilo,milo,peterpan,newenigma and dreamforum images on external usb flash
everything is working fine apart from poor performance of remote even when i am close to receiver
Did you look in the "extra" folder and read the included pdf?

It says to install the updated driver pack and then replace certain files (the ones in the extra folder) and the new drivers should work with an older bootloader.
I've read this works but as I say I've not tried it myself. It might be worth finding the files on your current installation and saving the versions you currently have working.

I also understand that from SSBL73 onwards the drivers have started checking the version of these files and the bootloader is now being used as a TPM.

A.

mfaraj57
11th September, 2009, 04:24 PM
Did you look in the "extra" folder and read the included pdf?

It says to install the updated driver pack and then replace certain files (the ones in the extra folder) and the new drivers should work with an older bootloader.
I've read this works but as I say I've not tried it myself. It might be worth finding the files on your current installation and saving the versions you currently have working.

I also understand that from SSBL73 onwards the drivers have started checking the version of these files and the bootloader is now being used as a TPM.

A.
Hi
thanks
i found the solution for remote control poor performance after 1 year from buying the clone
it is simply by downloading the latest modified nabilo blackhole with ss69
this image install latest drivers and keep ss69
even the remote control performance is improved with external flash images

sarsippius
13th September, 2009, 07:33 PM
I am looking for some advice if anyone can help.

I recently bought a DM 800 without realising it was a clone and istalled it with Gemini. I am now having Ccam problems and the remote is a joke. I understand now that clones do not work with Gemini.

Is it ok to upload new software to replace the Gemini image? I presume Nabilosat is the best?

osborne82
13th September, 2009, 08:27 PM
edge nemesis rc3 for me bud tried all the other dm800 images for clones and i keep coming back to edge :) i find it spot on for epg/media

cheers

osborne82

Amnesiac
14th September, 2009, 06:47 PM
I am looking for some advice if anyone can help.

I recently bought a DM 800 without realising it was a clone and istalled it with Gemini. I am now having Ccam problems and the remote is a joke. I understand now that clones do not work with Gemini.

Is it ok to upload new software to replace the Gemini image? I presume Nabilosat is the best?
First off clones don't work with bootloader/driver combinations - the image being Gemini was an issue with older ppc based clone dreamboxes and the MAC address.

Therefore if you had a previously working Gemini image and now CAMs don't work its almost certainly got nothing to do with Gemini. (I say almost - because if you've installed updates from the Gemini site using the image then you may have overwritten something... but again that will be an issue with any image not just Gemini).

The gotcha with clone DM800s is the SIM card installed inside the box. This is securely encrypted and communicates with the device drivers and boot-time software that starts the box when you power it on. Dream Multimedia write these drivers and second-stage boot loaders (ssbl) for the Dreambox.
Unlike Linux these drivers are not open-sourced and the source code is not available for all; and ALL images thus far have to use and include the drivers that Dream Multimedia provide on the developer site as part of official releases.

The drivers allow things like the infra red receiver to work, the OLED display, the tuner, etc etc etc. If you want the new/improved/fixed features of the new drivers (like a 1/2 decent IR) in the image you are developing (be you, PLi, Niablosat, Gemini or anything) then you have to use the updated Dream Multimedia drivers, and they all go for the latest and greatest when creating their images.

Earlier device drivers did simple tests (they electronically say to the SIM card "hey are you a dreambox?" and the SIM card says "Yup") to make sure they were running on the right hardware/software. As more clones filled the market Dream Multimedia (who make a BIG mark-up on the hardware costs) have written the latest releases of those drivers to check more thoroughly with the SIM card installed inside the box.

The clones emulate a SIM that validates with a particular second stage boot loader. Not having access to what the real SIM card does means unlike a Dream Multimedia SIM card that gives the "right" answers whatever the bootloader asks; the clone SIMs only give the "right" answer to certain questions - enough to fool certain versions of the bootloader.

To replace your Gemini image you'll need to check the ssbl that your clone has - I forget the command to do this- (you can Bing! for it) but most likely a recently bought clone supports ssbl 72 and earlier ones support ssbl69.

find another image that works with your bootloader and off you go!

If you can't find one then its likely an ssbl72 image can be patched with an ssbl69 bootloader and it will boot (you'll need dream-up and a null modem cable and to search this site or Ask Jeeves for more information as there may be driver issues to consider too.

A.

uydu27
5th October, 2009, 01:23 PM
will try with death clone dm800

abdeslam728
23rd September, 2010, 12:47 PM
i have remote control problems with my dm800.
I will try this method

southpaw
23rd September, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hi,
over the last 24 hours I have setup my first DM800 (clone). It's been somewhat of a challenge but it always is first time around.:hmmmm2:

anyway:
My box will take bootloader 72. so I installed "Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.10" out of the download section (thanks) which is bootloader 72 R0.

I flashed it by going into telnet and typing the following:

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

Then hit the box via a browser - http:192.168....what ever IP yours is. This gave you an option to then upgrade it remotely.

All went well until I tried to set it up. I found I had to boot it a number of times to get it to pick up the HDMI (may be better doing it via scart at first and then changing it to HDMI after)

Next problem was the Remote control and the poor performance of it. I had to point it directly at the box and be about 5 foot away max. Got stressed at this point as it was past my bed time..lol:sleep:. It appears that this is a know problem and some have brough ALL in ONE remotes to use! I'm not doing that after paying out enough for the box. However rest assured I find a fix for it!

The Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.10 in the download is bootloader 72 R0. I discovered that if you install "R1" the problem with the remote goes away and it works a treat. Follow this link by WESTKILL (thanks) which has the R1 files and a process for doing it.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dm800-support-34751/

You only need to do the reambox-secondstage_72-r1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f39/3050d1238572033-dm800-support-dreambox-secondstage_72-r1_dm800.zip) part of the update.

I found that this R1 also made the box reliable when booting up etc.

the rest was about setting up all the goodies.:driver:

I have still got problems but I will put them in a new thread to keep it simple

That's it in a nut shell. I just need to make a backup of this image to avoid going through the pain again...lol

cheers

TOBS!

you set your 1st box up and your not posting daft questions like "how do i get free sky" , what a refreshing change , am i on the right forum here lol

well done mate , nice to see somebody who`s able to gather info and share , take a bow son

splat
2nd January, 2011, 10:27 AM
have the same problem will try the method above