PDA

View Full Version : MED9.1 cloning issue

cawadany
30th July, 2016, 10:34 AM
Hi to all. I am trying to make a spare ECU for an Audi TT 2.0 TFSI med9.1.
The car's owner doesn't want to open original ECU, so I found a bdm backup with same hw sw, and I found an used ecu from VW Golf 5 2.0 TFSI med9.1. I did immo off in eprom of this bdm backup, changed coding in eprom for adapt to car that has dsg (backup was from a manual trans car) and wrote flash and eprom on ecu with bdm. The car starts but it doesn't accelerate and the idle is unstable. DTC stored is 17796/P1388/005000 - Control Module Malfunction - DBW Throttle Monitoring
Is it possible that I have found an used faulty ecu?
Attached the bdm backup and the files that I wrote in ecu with bdm for immo off.

morgano
30th July, 2016, 10:54 AM
Best way is convince customer to let you take bdm backup one time and then forget to touch anymore original ecu.

cawadany
30th July, 2016, 11:12 AM
Best way is convince customer to let you take bdm backup one time and then forget to touch anymore original ecu.

Ok, i will try. But I don't think the problem is the dump....

morgano
30th July, 2016, 11:24 AM
Problem as you describe sounds like some config stored in serial eeprom missing. That's why is best option clone flash and eep from original, you ensure all settings are same and plus not need to eliminate immo feature.

cawadany
30th July, 2016, 01:08 PM
Problem as you describe sounds like some config stored in serial eeprom missing. That's why is best option clone flash and eep from original, you ensure all settings are same and plus not need to eliminate immo feature.
It's strange... The backup comes from an ecu with same hw sw. And the car was ok.

Apsik
2nd August, 2016, 07:11 AM
Is it possible that I have found an used faulty ecu?
I think so. If your TB and wiring are OK it looks like faulty ECU.
Last month I had MK5 GTI which could not start. I did try my spare ECU and car started.
Later on I've bought used MED9.1 ECU and it was broken exactly the same way.