PDA

View Full Version : Injector Coding 1.9DCI 120

chrisl87
31st July, 2016, 09:44 PM
hi there

was wondering if someone could help me i am having a similar issue i have a 2004 1.9 dci megane 120 and i had a guy out to flash the ecu with tune now upon doing this my codes have now changed to 6 A ie: AAAAAA

The car starts and idles fine but revs are limited to 1500 RPM as tho the car is in limp home mode as i believe this is due to the injectors having no / incorrect codes.

Am i right in thinking the codes on top of the injectors on the BOSCH Rail are 6 Digit ? IE: Cylinder 1 = 7RHR4F etc

would it be possible for someone to help me and give me some clues how to go about recoding my injectors to my car ? i will be buying a clip this week if i know how to reprog them

thanks in advance

Chris.

szogun0
31st July, 2016, 09:50 PM
If you used Galletto, use it again.
Read Injector codes, save file. Then edit previously saved file and write Injector Codes.
Then write modified file with galletto.
------------------------
You should read manual.

chrisl87
31st July, 2016, 09:55 PM
thank you for the reply

The guy flashed it via OBD with what i think was AutoCOM / Delphi

he then tried recoding injectors but it didnt work so he left saying he was coming back but is now making excuses.

The only tools i have on hand my self are the galletto 1260 and a KWP 2000Plus

would any of those work ? and would i need to shell out and buy a can CLIP ?

thanks again

Chris.

albertros
31st July, 2016, 10:27 PM
You can only use genuine codes, so they have to be correct or they wont program even with clip.

chrisl87
31st July, 2016, 10:37 PM
thank you

by genuine codes do you mean the codes upon the heads of the injectors ?

4 of them stand out like: 7RHR4F - BTHUE6 - 8R1BR1 or the 1 could be an I and AAHWB0

or are the codes the small numbers below ?

thanks again

Chris.

pulsar2000
31st July, 2016, 10:53 PM
Typical Renault / Nissan Scenario, Guy you used was a noob / Amateur, I assume cheapest tuner around town :chuncky:
Fact is you lost inj Nozzle codes, he didnt back up and now you need to re write codes, as sure as hell if he had backed up you wouldnt be posting,
its not the end of the world and most decent tools will re write inj back,
if he used Kess or Fgtech , should have used the inj read function, Massive FAIL,

if he had delphi / Autocom can use to rewrite, if not Clip will sort,
your codes sound ok that you read, just get cylinder 1-4 correct way, and programme your read codes,

Regards

smirnoff_rules
31st July, 2016, 11:06 PM
coding should be ok with delphi l know this is 15 but the same and number 1 is gearbox end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMs8T8A5Pc

chrisl87
31st July, 2016, 11:09 PM
Hi Pulsar

He came highly recommended and had done good maps on friends cars so i thought why not

The injectors in my car have previously been marked to each cylinder ie: 1 2 3 4

Cylinder 1: 7RHR4F
Cylinder 2: BTHUE6
Cylinder 3: 8R1BR1 looks like a one but some say its an I
Cylinder 4: AAHWB0

Do the above codes sound correct and what i would need to enter ?

He used PCW or Precision code works CMDFlash BDM for the ECU Reading and then tried AutoCom / Delphi to reenter the injector codes but was having none of it

If i purchased the CAN Clip would that allow me to enter the codes ok ? as the injectors have them 6 digits them string of numbers like a serial below

have been like this since last wednesday

thanks again

Chris.

pulsar2000
31st July, 2016, 11:39 PM
Hi Pulsar

He came highly recommended and had done good maps on friends cars so i thought why not

The injectors in my car have previously been marked to each cylinder ie: 1 2 3 4

Cylinder 1: 7RHR4F
Cylinder 2: BTHUE6
Cylinder 3: 8R1BR1 looks like a one but some say its an I
Cylinder 4: AAHWB0

Do the above codes sound correct and what i would need to enter ?

He used PCW or Precision code works CMDFlash BDM for the ECU Reading and then tried AutoCom / Delphi to reenter the injector codes but was having none of it

If i purchased the CAN Clip would that allow me to enter the codes ok ? as the injectors have them 6 digits them string of numbers like a serial below

have been like this since last wednesday

thanks again

Chris.

I would say good to go,,,,
it normally says dgits it uses, ie 12345679 abcdef etc,, so shouldnt be a issue, if it s not I then try 1, either way easy fix, suprised a recommended guy had a reanult Job bite him in the ass, Common knowledge Renault / Nissan for losing inj codes with certain tools, no matter what screen tells you, ie Inj codes supported ,,, blah blah B,s B,s Lol

chrisl87
31st July, 2016, 11:56 PM
thanks again pulsar

ive just been having a conversation with another tuner who says if its a BOSCH rail and ECU injectors dont need coded but from what ive read they appear to need codes to remove the limp mode / limited revs he says only the siemens and delphi require codes :s what would your view be ?

chrisl87
1st August, 2016, 12:14 AM
just another update i got the rail name wrong

the ECU is an EDC16 and the fuel rail is a BOSCH rail

just to also confirm if this is the correct order for the injectors

1 is marked timing belt side then 2 then 3 then 4 is gearbox side as they have tipex on the sides from 1 to 4 ?

smirnoff_rules
1st August, 2016, 06:29 AM
4321 1 is gearbox end

https://i.gyazo.com/91414dbf30397596993a275cbf933162.png

chrisl87
1st August, 2016, 06:57 AM
ah brilliant thanks

so the codes should go as followed

Cylinder 1 = AAHWB0
Cylinder 2 = 8R1B81
Cylinder 3 = BTHUE6
Cylinder 4 = 7RHR4F

and not the way i had them ?

Thanks again.

smirnoff_rules
1st August, 2016, 07:01 AM
yea what ever is written on injector 1 (flywheel side) write that in box cylinder 1 in what ever program you use and so on

chrisl87
1st August, 2016, 07:04 AM
thank you very much i should have my Clip tool tomorrow and will give it a go

the guy tried coding them the way i originally outlined them hopefully should all work out fine im hoping

smirnoff_rules
1st August, 2016, 07:05 AM
lets hope your tunes ok now if this idiot didnt save or rewrite your codes ,, he could of know that

chrisl87
1st August, 2016, 07:43 AM
me too mate just put around 600 in to the car every thing is brand new on it mechanically sound serviced new belts pump etc too then he comes and does this im just glad i didnt pay him anything still not very impressed

not too sure if he wrote the map to the ECU or its still factory map would be nice when i code the injectors it has the map on lol

pulsar2000
1st August, 2016, 08:54 AM
me too mate just put around 600 in to the car every thing is brand new on it mechanically sound serviced new belts pump etc too then he comes and does this im just glad i didnt pay him anything still not very impressed

not too sure if he wrote the map to the ECU or its still factory map would be nice when i code the injectors it has the map on lol

sounds like you have map on ecu, as he wrote something thats how he lost inj codes,
If hes a real amateur he panicked and put back on your orig hoping would save his ass lol
if he read only wouldnt affect codes,

chrisl87
2nd August, 2016, 12:27 AM
yeah he seemed in abit of rush to get away i assume i would have the common fault of P0611 code stored relating to Bad Injector Performance ? as ive read this is quite common to just appear for no apparent reason some suggest the only to fix is by Benching it with BDM which i seriously hope isnt the case and the Can Clip can fix it.

Ive ordered my CLIP which should be with me by wednesday and im also borrowing a trickle charger as i hear you need some kind of booster on the battery to keep the voltage up ?

NASTASE
2nd August, 2016, 06:29 AM
yeah he seemed in abit of rush to get away i assume i would have the common fault of P0611 code stored relating to Bad Injector Performance ? as ive read this is quite common to just appear for no apparent reason some suggest the only to fix is by Benching it with BDM which i seriously hope isnt the case and the Can Clip can fix it.

Ive ordered my CLIP which should be with me by wednesday and im also borrowing a trickle charger as i hear you need some kind of booster on the battery to keep the voltage up ?
Hi mate,
don't need any charger,use Clip to write injectors codes but, after codes validation , need to save modification in memory , using special comand from Clip.Without this comand, limp mode will be present even you wrote injectors codes.

chrisl87
2nd August, 2016, 12:40 PM
by special command does clip automatically do this ? be my first time using this tool and software

been a week without my car feel lost and all hope is on clip being able to code injectors and no other little niggles pop up lol

prochipper
2nd August, 2016, 01:21 PM
hello

after you try to code the injectors please tell us if it worked out or not

regards

autotuning
2nd August, 2016, 02:09 PM
Chris, you do not need specifically CLIP to code your injectors, any quality diagnostic tool (not a code reader) will allow you to code your injectors and much easier for a beginner to do than learning CLIP and fixing your problem at the same time, any decent diagnostic technician would do this for you for very little money and you would be driving your car again in minutes then you can play with CLIP on your car and learn the system without the pressure of getting your car going again, After all you have saved the money on the remap anyway?

chrisl87
2nd August, 2016, 02:43 PM
Thank you for the replies

Everyone i did know local to me who done coding either got rid of the equipment or are working out of my area im the type of person if theres a fault that could potentially be serious i wont drive the car lol and with me being limited to 1500rpm service light on check injection displayed i didnt want to risk driving so i decided to just bite the bullet and order a clip.

I could of got a Autocom and delphi software but that is what the guy used to try coding which if im honest i think he tried coding the injectors 1234 and not 4321 wrong firing order which could probably be why they didnt code in so thought i would be best option to just get a clip and hopefully it works lol

I didnt pay him anything when he left and im not too sure if its a map or standard on the car but even if it is standard map been put back on i wont be using him again thats for sure

autotuning
2nd August, 2016, 02:52 PM
Maybe you have a friendly Pro tuner near you that will check if its mapped and code your injectors for a small fee,
I am not critical of your decision to purchase Clip only I have just seen in the past people make the problem worse, Clip is a powerful tool.
Autocom/Delphi will 100% been able to code your injectors but the tool is only as good as the operator in every case.

chrisl87
2nd August, 2016, 07:17 PM
thank you for you reply

I honestly dont know anyone who has pro tools now i did ask one lad who works doing remaps and mechanics but unfortunately he wont come out to me but he says with my car having the BOSCH fuel rail (has bosch sticker on fuel rail) he says that the injectors dont need coding but from what ive read they require the 6 digit IMA code for calibration

Also im not too hyped about using Can Clip but havent got a choice really.

Does the delphi system and software code bosch injectors ? all in going off is what this guy done if it comes to it and i have to buy a delphi system then i will but if i know 100% that it codes bosch and not just for delphi cars i will consider it if i fail using Clip

really appreciate all the help and advice.

pulsar2000
2nd August, 2016, 07:18 PM
Maybe you have a friendly Pro tuner near you that will check if its mapped and code your injectors for a small fee,
I am not critical of your decision to purchase Clip only I have just seen in the past people make the problem worse, Clip is a powerful tool.
Autocom/Delphi will 100% been able to code your injectors but the tool is only as good as the operator in every case.

Yes Auto com , Delphi, wurth WOW all same, and Very Good tool, will programme inj fine, regen DPF, Ash reset etc etc...i thimk sometimes better than Snapon,,,,
I agree Clip very good tool but as you say you can adjust allot on a car, and sometimes more problems,

chrisl87
2nd August, 2016, 09:57 PM
so the delphi isnt just delphi system specific ? it will code bosch injectors fine ? as i was looking on the bay and seen one for ?60 if it deffinately does BOSCH on a 2004 DCI i will order one of them too

again really appreciate all the help and advice.

pulsar2000
3rd August, 2016, 12:20 AM
so the delphi isnt just delphi system specific ? it will code bosch injectors fine ? as i was looking on the bay and seen one for ?60 if it deffinately does BOSCH on a 2004 DCI i will order one of them too

again really appreciate all the help and advice.

Delphi, AUtO COM, WURTH WOW, CMD - same thing different Brand, Yes works on anything upto 2014, well mine,
Bosch, Siemens, MARELLI, ETC ETC
Will deffinately code ok your injectors, most if not all Renault ,Ford, ETC ETC Not so good Nissan, as you need Dealer Tool Consult,

chrisl87
3rd August, 2016, 01:49 AM
thats excellent

Ive ordered a Delphi / Autocom it says it comes with 2014 R2 just incase i cant get away with using clip either way ill have both tools on hand for future use.

Heres hoping all goes well and i can have my injectors coded in hopefully tomorrow if not by end of the week :)

chrisl87
4th August, 2016, 07:20 PM
just an update peeps

Injectors all coded in fine with clip perfectly fine had to double check the codes but once i sorted that they coded in no bother :)

thank you all once again for the help and advice time to have a nice chat to the tuner guy lol

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2016, 07:21 PM
you think its mapped m8 ? or drive the same

chrisl87
4th August, 2016, 07:42 PM
bog standard mate

knew that before coding injectors as EGR still pops up with it being blanked off was hoping it would of had a map file but nope lol had quite abit black smoke and lumpyness on first start but soon sorted its self out

im wondering if i could disable the EGR with clip but im still nurvous about altering major things atm lol

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2016, 07:44 PM
get a cheap mpps or kess and do it yourself

chrisl87
4th August, 2016, 07:51 PM
can an autocom / delphi do things like that ? as ive one coming tomorrow ordered one just incase clip had issues but least ive both to add to my tools always come in handy

couldnt believe how easy clip actually was to code the injectors in was flapping abit at first lol but it looks like a really powerful tool tho

ill study it abit at somepoint

does MPPS / Kess do disabling of features ?

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2016, 07:56 PM
yea m8 read ecu post file on here ask to be modded and write back

chrisl87
4th August, 2016, 08:04 PM
only things i know how to read and dump ecu files with are galletto 1260 and KWP2000Plus lol from when i had my 206 HDI D Turbo Stage 2.5 good times when nothing needed coded

ill have to have a look throu the options and see if i can figure how to dump and re upload.

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2016, 08:05 PM
only things i know how to read and dump ecu files with are galletto 1260 and KWP2000Plus lol from when i had my 206 HDI D Turbo Stage 2.5 good times when nothing needed coded

ill have to have a look throu the options and see if i can figure how to dump and re upload.

Galleto V54 is the answer for you then ?40 on a china site

havnt used mpps but its cheap and simple .. just have a read on here you will find everything you need

pulsar2000
4th August, 2016, 08:10 PM
can an autocom / delphi do things like that ? as ive one coming tomorrow ordered one just incase clip had issues but least ive both to add to my tools always come in handy

couldnt believe how easy clip actually was to code the injectors in was flapping abit at first lol but it looks like a really powerful tool tho

ill study it abit at somepoint

does MPPS / Kess do disabling of features ?

Glad you got it sorted mate, hate to say it but the guy that was recommended - in my oprnion was a total TOOL and proved his total Amateur Way as a so called Tuner, he had autocom or Delphi, he could have coded your injectors back he obviously ~~~~ out and didnt even get that as in wrong order, and then tried to put your orig on hoping was all ok again,
Basically if you werent as smart as u are, would have been a expensive trip to Renailt Stealer _ Dealers for a expensive Recode,
Delphi Autocom etc, wont allow you to disable egr,
you need to read ecu as said might as welll get a Fgtech and do a read yoursef, post up here and some nice tuner may give you some more BHP and Disable the EGR,
good thing is you have tool to recode inj now,
now if you buy Any ecu tool, go into Tools KESS, or Code inj for FGTECH under renault, and see how little effort it takes to read inj codes, takes 2 mins max, and thats what the Amateur Failed to do,,,,,, and that 2 mins and lack of knowing what he was doing cost him the job, and no doubt he bought your file in as clearly no Tuner,,,,:chuncky:

chrisl87
4th August, 2016, 08:28 PM
thanks peeps and yeah im quite chuffed its sorted but not so giving the unnessacery spending least its tools to the collection probably pay for them selfs at somepoint.

i was actually debating the FGTech think i might have to order one next week for the price cant go wrong and dealer prices that was my main worry but once i seen it logged P0611 knew it was just codes and nothing more serious

Ill deffinately do a read when i buy one dont mind paying few quid for a nice altered file thats actually guaranteed to work lol

yeah hes lost out his advice before me buying the tools was find someone else to code them and ill discount the map O.o guess ill be sticking the Diesel Express box back on for the time being as i forgot how poor 120bhp is lol

thank you again to everyone tho really is appreciated.

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2016, 08:47 PM
you can sell your autocom or clip back on ebay , you get more for them if your posting in the uk , people dont want to wait for china post , normally if l buy from china l buy 2 and sell the 2rd one and it covers both

pulsar2000
4th August, 2016, 08:57 PM
you can sell your autocom or clip back on ebay , you get more for them if your posting in the uk , people dont want to wait for china post , normally if l buy from china l buy 2 and sell the 2rd one and it covers both

damn fine point mate,,,,

chrisl87
4th August, 2016, 08:59 PM
oh really ? lol i paid ?130 from a seller in the UK a sonde Double PCB FULL CLIP version as ive heard the cheaper ones tend to not have all the chips / circuits ?

I may consider selling one then lol but knowing my luck friends would probably ask for help requiring the tool its normaly the case lol

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2016, 09:02 PM
oh really ? lol i paid ?130 from a seller in the UK a sonde Double PCB FULL CLIP version as ive heard the cheaper ones tend to not have all the chips / circuits ?

I may consider selling one then lol but knowing my luck friends would probably ask for help requiring the tool its normaly the case lol

your autocom is a good all round tool , takes 3 different software's too . autocom,delphi and my favorite wurth wow

pulsar2000
4th August, 2016, 09:44 PM
your autocom is a good all round tool , takes 3 different software's too . autocom,delphi and my favorite wurth wow

Wurth wow,
whats the Better features that Autocom and delphi missed, heard its better elsewhere also,,
cheers

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2016, 09:49 PM
5.00.8 r2 is stable ,easy menu ,has more coding and adaptions , also has A*toD*ta built into it , only autocom 2013 is real all others cooked rubbish

here u r m8 try it , might need to search for how to install cant find notes right now but even the old ones were the same

found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IipfkeW4Rg

copy your autocom f/w into wow's f/w folder ( C:\wow5.00.8R2eng\ac_diagnosis_module\firmware ) and overwrite then you can use both programs without f/w problems

pulsar2000
4th August, 2016, 11:45 PM
Downloading, Cheers, will give it a try :wink:

chrisl87
10th August, 2016, 12:29 AM
hi again peeps

im now looking for a flasher tool ive been looking at the Galletto V54 but i am also looking at the SMPS MPPS V13 would the MPPS do the job for reading and writing ?

pulsar2000
10th August, 2016, 08:35 AM
FGTECH any time, mpps limited, doesnt cover Fords.
mpps will do your Renault tho,,,
depends on why you buy, if your looking just to do your car mpps, if you want to cover all angles and better range of ecu`s go with fgtech,
also fgtech BDM and Boot mode,
Mpps OBD only

karol123
10th August, 2016, 01:16 PM
Hi.
I have a question.

If I use mpps to RENAULT 1.9 DCi EDC16(read/write) ,is also gotta save injector coding before?

vladanr
10th August, 2016, 01:36 PM
hi,only way to get codes back is that someone send you injectors codes read by galeto ,than you write that file by galeto ,and thats all ,than you can change codes with any diagnostic or you dont have too change ,it is bosch injectors and every are similar.other way is that you read with galleto ,options injector code ,not flash ,on some other 1.9 dci and again write it by galleto in your ecu .I have file but cant send you before monday

Babos
10th August, 2016, 02:14 PM
Not all that help! i see few times not kess not fgtech cant to write back injectors.
there is one way to do all manual

pulsar2000
10th August, 2016, 07:31 PM
FGTECH any time, mpps limited, doesnt cover Fords.
mpps will do your Renault tho,,,
depends on why you buy, if your looking just to do your car mpps, if you want to cover all angles and better range of ecu`s go with fgtech,
also fgtech BDM and Boot mode,
Mpps OBD only

Oh yes,,, Forgot to mention , you will lose inj codes mpps ,for sure,
Babos is correct, only way is manual for sure, But good quality kess use Tool option to backup or Fgtech inj code read to backup....write etc
Forget the $15 mpps. mate

chrisl87
11th August, 2016, 02:37 AM
ive ordered the MPPS V13 metalbox version :s but as previous when i lost codes and with me now having my delphi / can clip ill be fine just reprogramming them back in with either one of them wont i ?

alladdin
22nd October, 2016, 03:05 PM
5.00.8 r2 is stable ,easy menu ,has more coding and adaptions , also has A*toD*ta built into it , only autocom 2013 is real all others cooked rubbish

here u r m8 try it , might need to search for how to install cant find notes right now but even the old ones were the same

found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IipfkeW4Rg

copy your autocom f/w into wow's f/w folder ( C:\wow5.00.8R2eng\ac_diagnosis_module\firmware ) and overwrite then you can use both programs without f/w problems

Hi smirnoff

i downloaded and am trying to install , i now think its asking for installation path but its in what appears to be greek - does this mean i hve wrong file or once installed will it be the eng version ?
cheers and apologies for being a pain

smirnoff_rules
22nd October, 2016, 03:14 PM
just press enter m8 unzip is different but install is english

if its asks for pass its

PASSWORD = motordig

alladdin
22nd October, 2016, 04:09 PM
ok, think i guessed my way through it :) i did get a dos error and no desktop shortcut but so far it seems to be in ok...........

luca22
22nd October, 2016, 04:54 PM
Not all that help! i see few times not kess not fgtech cant to write back injectors.
there is one way to do all manual

Hello Friend :)

My oryginal KESS do that ecu without problem, tested many times and no need to read inj codes...

Regards
Luca

alladdin
22nd October, 2016, 05:05 PM
thanks for the link and reply , its appreciated.
apart from the 1st glitch the only part i am not 100% of is note 11, activate the following switches
i get the part of switching your generated digit pairs into the string but not sure which string to enter - the one in photo (i used this) or all 4 from note 11 ?

i switched in the 1430 FW and its worked so far to update my 100e chinese vci and read 07 fiesta as a test.

cheers