PDA

View Full Version : Ktag, Kess, Abrites, Galleto.....

Artyon
3rd August, 2016, 01:33 PM
I am newbie and try to learn but choose a tool it's crazy.
What's your opinion? Wich one?

Regards.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

paulogapea
3rd August, 2016, 02:49 PM
mate, take a look on forum, there are a lot of topics about that.

at moment i think kess and ktag its a good choice.

Artyon
3rd August, 2016, 03:09 PM
Yes!!! That is the problem, a lot of information.
The question is if You only can buy one ......

Thanks !!!

tiugrikas
3rd August, 2016, 09:17 PM
one tool is not enough my friend ! first tell us what jobs you want to do and what cars you want to tune ? because a lot of brands and types of ecus cars have installed ! and different tools you gonna need ! and of course experience is that tool you cant buy ! regards

teamtuner
3rd August, 2016, 09:53 PM
I am newbie and try to learn but choose a tool it's crazy.
What's your opinion? Wich one?

Regards.

start with mmps v12...or v13...will be enough to learn

Jan1980
3rd August, 2016, 10:10 PM
....enough to learn damaging ecu?s.... :-)

Always go with proper tools ! Not with 40$ china craps... Better choice is to buy ktag EU and kessV2 EU if you want to make chiptuning. And, you need some programmer like UPA, Xprog and GQ-4x for example... And, you need good tools to read trouble codes and make codings on cars... A lot of things, a lot of money, a lot of stuff to learn and to read and a lot of sleepness nights..

tiugrikas
3rd August, 2016, 10:29 PM
jan 1980 is absolutely right ! its not like buy chiken put some ketchup and say its big tasty cake ! no its long way to learn ! and its not just a job its a lifestyle !

smirnoff_rules
3rd August, 2016, 10:33 PM
Jan's spot on , l have been in the trade over 35 years and six months ago started looking into ecu reading just because this forum really , got a kess EU , ktag and bdm100 , and read read and read some more , l have only played with my own cars and ecu,s from scrap yards , there isn't anyway l would touch a customers car until I'm 100% happy l could repair if something went wrong

Jan1980
4th August, 2016, 01:54 AM
The problem is, some people want to earn a lot of money with our "lifestyle" easy and fast. Buy a tool for 40$ on aliexp...., make 3 cars every week with copied, downloaded dumps , earn 350 Euro/car, want to be rich in a few month.. :-) That?s not reality.. Reality is, buy a crap tool, make 2 cars with success, make the third car, damage ecu for 2200 Euro + pickup the car to dealer for 300 Euro + pay the dealer?s work for 300 Euro + angry customer + bad name directly...

The right way is, only with good tools good work ! So,.. you need to buy..

KessV2 EU 750 Euro
Ktag EU 700 Euro
Xprog Ori 850 Euro
UPA Elras. 300 Euro
GQ-4X 130 Euro
Adapters 500 Euro
Diagnostictool 1000 Euro
Soldering station 200 Euro
Hotair 90 Euro
misc 100 Euro

4230 Euro just for the "basic tools"..

If you want to make keys, add 2000 Euro for universal transponder programmer, if you want benz keys, add 4000 Euro again, if you want BMW keys add 3500 Euro again....

Then the time... A lot of hours to find ecu repair solutions, a lot of time to find immo off solutions, a lot of time to find solder points to read and write different ecu?s... Like tiugrikas said...not just a hobby, it?s a lifestyle.. :-)

Artyon, welcome to DK ! You have to say, what do you want to make exactly ?! Most useres begin with UPA programmer and older ecu?s to learn..

Artyon
4th August, 2016, 02:45 AM
Thank You very much for the comments!!
Great people here in DK forum.

I'd like to start Slowly in chiptuning world. My first goal is that You say Jan1980 practice with old ECU, modifi my own car or maybe friends cars .... :)

So for the moment I think to buy one tool and learn a lot .
I understand You when You say this is a lifestyle, I'm a hacking lover and after work always i'm looking for a new challenge.

So any tool it's the best for all!!!

Jan1980
4th August, 2016, 02:52 AM
Which car do you have ? I think, in your case, kessv2 (OBD-tuning) and gq-4x with flash adapter will be the right choice. You can make a lot of cars via OBD with kess and for older cars gq-4x to read flash chips directly or eproms with maps stored and eeprom to make immo off or virginize ecu?s..

And software for remapping... try to learn first steps with winols demo..

Artyon
4th August, 2016, 03:17 AM
I have a Fiat bravo 2007 di?sel 120cv. and the first i'll do is EGR off the light it's shining the last 2 years lol.
I bought a minipro TL866A for eeprom and flash, I am not sure about the quality of this stuff but it's only 50?.

And yes, i'm learning step by step with winols.

So Kess v2 will be in my list.
Very thankful for the help.

teamtuner
4th August, 2016, 08:19 AM
Which car do you have ? I think, in your case, kessv2 (OBD-tuning) and gq-4x with flash adapter will be the right choice. You can make a lot of cars via OBD with kess and for older cars gq-4x to read flash chips directly or eproms with maps stored and eeprom to make immo off or virginize ecu?s..

And software for remapping... try to learn first steps with winols demo..

maybe you started this work with full pocket of money...long time ago,i started with this shi+ mpps v12...and i have not fuxed any ecu...now,after years,i have all tools that i need to be sure (?) (!) that nothing wrong can happend....so,for start learning is enough the mpps...using on cars with edc15-edc16 is enough...also,the bdm100 for read on bench and minipro for read flash is enough...to be cool,take a kess and a ktag<(trasdata)...even io terminal and xprog....the infrared station can be also needed if you don"t like hot air salder station...do not forghet the magnifier and the michroscope for circuits...the flux that you need,and time...time...time...and pattience