PDA

View Full Version : ROSFAR R260 Clone (Red Box) & EWS Help Please

greenmonster
4th August, 2016, 12:44 PM
Hi there,

I have problems reading the existing mileage on the EWS from a 2007 W169 Mercedes A150, the software is working fine and port located, test connection OK, correct chassis number stated but no original mileage shown when read requested?

Tried on 2 different compunters, same fault?

Desoldered and resoldered, same fault?

Re checked on car, still running fine, and tried again afterwards and still no mileage given when read..

Used about 8 months ago and worked fine, showed old mileage and changed to new mileage, now not working any ideas please?

Reads chassis number and states validation OK, but still no prevuious mileage, as per picture.

Also wondering if my red box interface is now faulty? any common repairs?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

drpeter
4th August, 2016, 01:11 PM
Hi there,

I have problems reading the existing mileage on the EWS from a 2007 W169 Mercedes A150, the software is working fine and port located, test connection OK, correct chassis number stated but no original mileage shown when read requested?

Tried on 2 different compunters, same fault?

Desoldered and resoldered, same fault?

Re checked on car, still running fine, and tried again afterwards and still no mileage given when read..

Used about 8 months ago and worked fine, showed old mileage and changed to new mileage, now not working any ideas please?

Reads chassis number and states validation OK, but still no prevuious mileage, as per picture.

Also wondering if my red box interface is now faulty? any common repairs?

Much appreciated.

ThanksThat's normal, the km can not be calculated on W169 you see xxxxxx, just press write 0 km

captain crackers
4th August, 2016, 01:11 PM
As stated above it will not show Kms. Arthur.

greenmonster
4th August, 2016, 03:21 PM
As stated above it will not show Kms. Arthur.

Cheers, worked and confirmed write, changed cluster and all now okay.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

greenmonster
4th August, 2016, 03:21 PM
Cheers, worked and confirmed write, changed cluster and all now okay.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

greenmonster
4th August, 2016, 08:18 PM
Ahhhhh but..........

Okay thanks, just proceeded to programme the cluster in Miles with DP3 and the the EZS in Km with the R260.

All seemed to go well and both programmers confirmed new write success (But R260 would not show new miles on EZS as will not read?) anyway the clutser now shows new miles, but.... just scanned my immobiliser (EZS) with my Bosch KTS to check 'total miles' and it states over a million miles (LOL) ?? any ideas?? something wrong...... but car runs fine and shows the lower new miles on the cluster.....

Question; Will the EZS take the new miles from the dash in the next few miles, or should I have programmed the EZS with '0' zero miles and let it learn the new mileage from the cluster?

Plesae advise.

And I take it the R260 is the best thing to use to reprogramme the EZS 2.2 in the for a 2007 Merc W169 A Class?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers