PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Rav 4 2008 model smart key programing

innochambs
5th August, 2016, 06:48 PM
Hie guys i need help i have a 2008 Toyota Rav4 with smart key the original key could open and close doors however it could not start the car unless you touch the start button with the smart key remote ,so i was thinking that it could be the key problem,i had another key of the same part number but used so i tried to reset the system for 16 minutes with x100 which was succesfull but after that the car cranked and never started ,now the button is not responding at all the files must be corrupted, i had some forum members who tried to help by sending reset files but still no luck, i have managed to read the steering lock file which i have as corrupt too,
please find the attached dumps
thank you in advance,
Smartbox part number 89300-42030
i.d box part number 89784-42031

Tedum
5th August, 2016, 07:23 PM
Hie guys i need help i have a 2008 Toyota Rav4 with smart key the original key could open and close doors however it could not start the car unless you touch the start button with the smart key remote ,so i was thinking that it could be the key problem,i had another key of the same part number but used so i tried to reset the system for 16 minutes with x100 which was succesfull but after that the car cranked and never started ,now the button is not responding at all the files must be corrupted, i had some forum members who tried to help by sending reset files but still no luck, i have managed to read the steering lock file which i have as corrupt too,
please find the attached dumps
thank you in advance,
Smartbox part number 89300-42030
i.d box part number 89784-42031

as we see the problem was the battery of the remote at first but you do reset it so to add key you must use a new not used key or you must unlock used key with mk3 before trying to add

innochambs
5th August, 2016, 07:58 PM
Ok thank you how about the dumps?

innochambs
6th August, 2016, 09:13 PM
Anyone out there to help members?

innochambs
7th August, 2016, 06:24 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/asset.php?fid=371271&uid=452548&d=1469650404

usman4
7th August, 2016, 07:58 PM
hi bro your all files are reset correctly.. now the problem probably of your steering lock or of your programming method..
1= steering lock should fit properly otherwise its motor won't working so u r unable to program smart key.
2= Eloborate your programming procedure.

innochambs
7th August, 2016, 09:23 PM
Ok thank u bro I will check on that, dont you think its because im using an old key?should I buy a brand new un used key?

usman4
7th August, 2016, 09:47 PM
Talk wisely mate.. if you have unused key then no need to reset anything.. reset files can program your used smart key same as new key remember it always.