PDA

View Full Version : lost all channels

damo
5th September, 2009, 09:57 AM
i have a kryptview in north west england. lost all channels apart from radio. what settings do i need to be on to do a full rescan?

wilf
5th September, 2009, 11:34 AM
you just need to scan on the area that you live, think back to what it was called prior to it going virmin media? ntl telewest or whoever

damo
5th September, 2009, 12:21 PM
tried that but still not getting any channels. wot will happen if i do a factory reset?

wilf
5th September, 2009, 12:24 PM
it will do as it says, reset box back to factory settings, in other words as it was when it left the factory, then you start it back up again.

smirnoff_rules
5th September, 2009, 12:26 PM
tried that but still not getting any channels. wot will happen if i do a factory reset?

the software will be fine it just lets u start again . ie a new scan from standard

cactikid
5th September, 2009, 04:53 PM
if you have to scan i would always say factory reset first.secondly i would put a sticker on box the provider you scan under as memory aint the best,and if you have to do it you have the info.

damo
6th September, 2009, 10:12 AM
Did a full factory reset and then a scan. all channels are now restored. Thanks.

HILLCO69
25th October, 2009, 04:30 PM
how do you factory reset a d-box. getting nothing at all on my d-box and i am thick when it comes to sorting anything like this out

wilf
25th October, 2009, 05:23 PM
how do you factory reset a d-box. getting nothing at all on my d-box and i am thick when it comes to sorting anything like this out

take a look here Dbox2 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f35/) mate this is kryptview section

Fspiders
25th October, 2009, 05:28 PM
Did a full factory reset and then a scan. all channels are now restored. Thanks.

Pressing the radio/tv button on the remote would have been easier LOL. If you have all radio channels it also means you would have had the corresponding tv channels from the same tp's as the radio channels, the fact that you couldn't see any tv channels implies the tv/radio button had been pressed as this hides all tv channels and visa versa.

Regards.

DW190
25th October, 2009, 05:35 PM
Pressing the radio/tv button on the remote would have been easier LOL. If you have all radio channels it also means you would have had the corresponding tv channels from the same tp's as the radio channels, the fact that you couldn't see any tv channels implies the tv/radio button had been pressed as this hides all tv channels and visa versa.

Regards.

I'd agree with that.

Looks likt the tv/radio button got pressed and just needed pressing again.