PDA

View Full Version : Sky EPG DM800 Pli Jade 3

Ruddyrum
5th September, 2009, 10:17 PM
Everyone knows that the Nabilo blackhole image has intigrated support for sky uk and italy! However i am a die hard fan of the pli images, so im wondering, is it possible to somehow get a sky uk epg on there.

I tried cross epg, but couldnt quiet get it to work!

osborne82
6th September, 2009, 09:38 AM
Everyone knows that the Nabilo blackhole image has intigrated support for sky uk and italy! However i am a die hard fan of the pli images, so im wondering, is it possible to somehow get a sky uk epg on there.

I tried cross epg, but couldnt quiet get it to work!

what was the error with cross epg, i love this tool got it working on all of the 800 images ive tried :) did u edit the enigma2.sh

cheers
osborne82

aftermath
6th September, 2009, 09:54 AM
did you configure the cross epg setup, like set it to sky uk or sky italia or both. ?
also make sure you are saving the data in the correct place, i.e hard drive or usb.

when you download , it should quickly count all the channels that its gonna scan for, then should go through about 10 different processes .
Once its downloaded , you need to go to sync option ( cant remember if it automatically does it, but you can configure it on boot up, but its a pain that way.

switch off the box, then back on.

you should then have a 8 day epg.

Ruddyrum
6th September, 2009, 10:52 AM
Well i couldnt configure, as i have to add:
"/usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh"
just after
"LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2"

As that line does not exist, i did not know where to put it. Here is a copy of my enigma2.sh

#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/showiframe /boot/backdrop.mvi

cd /home/root
/usr/bin/enigma2

# enigma2 exit codes:
#
# 0 - restart enigma
# 1 - halt
# 2 - reboot
#
# >128 signal

ret=$?
case $ret in
1)
/sbin/halt
;;
2)
/sbin/reboot
;;
4)
/sbin/rmmod lcd
/usr/sbin/fpupgrade --upgrade 2>&1 | tee /home/root/fpupgrade.log
sleep 1;
/sbin/rmmod fp
/sbin/modprobe fp
/sbin/reboot
;;
*)
;;
esac

Any help on getting this to work would be much appreciated!

Thanks

aftermath
6th September, 2009, 10:59 AM
try adding the 2 lines under /usr/bin/enigma2

osborne82
6th September, 2009, 11:44 AM
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/showiframe /boot/backdrop.mvi

cd /home/root
/usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh
/usr/bin/enigma2

# enigma2 exit codes:
#
# 0 - restart enigma
# 1 - halt
# 2 - reboot
#
# >128 signal

ret=$?
case $ret in
1)
/sbin/halt
;;
2)
/sbin/reboot
;;
4)
/sbin/rmmod lcd
/usr/sbin/fpupgrade --upgrade 2>&1 | tee /home/root/fpupgrade.log
sleep 1;
/sbin/rmmod fp
/sbin/modprobe fp
/sbin/reboot
;;
*)
;;
esac

that should do it hopefully :)

cheers
osborne82

Ruddyrum
6th September, 2009, 04:07 PM
changing the enigma2.sh to the above, results in a loockup during the enigma reboot! If i do a hard reset, the boot seqeuence hangs (progress bar is roughly under the second 'o' of boot)! Have to reflash the pli image to get it working again... pain!

Edit: Also adding the other line results in the same issue! have to flash again :(

After reflash, i installed crossepg - didnt edit the enigma2.sh - set it up, and on download error: error opening EPGDB

osborne82
6th September, 2009, 05:13 PM
changing the enigma2.sh to the above, results in a loockup during the enigma reboot! If i do a hard reset, the boot seqeuence hangs (progress bar is roughly under the second 'o' of boot)! Have to reflash the pli image to get it working again... pain!

Edit: Also adding the other line results in the same issue! have to flash again :(

After reflash, i installed crossepg - didnt edit the enigma2.sh - set it up, and on download error: error opening EPGDB

very strange how are you installing crossepg via the ipk or by hand ? also where are you saving the epg usb or hdd ?

cheers

osborne82

Ruddyrum
6th September, 2009, 06:20 PM
im installing crossepg via telnet ipkg install

I have cross epg setup for lower usb slot - so usb!

Even though i have managed to install plicons to the usb, i cant seem to use time shift on it any more either!

theobserver
6th September, 2009, 07:00 PM

try setting the attribute to 755. it will boot then

Ruddyrum
6th September, 2009, 07:22 PM
which file exactly is it that i need to chmod?

theobserver
6th September, 2009, 07:54 PM
Its the one you just modified........enigma2.sh

after you have put the extra line in and copied it back via FTP just change the attributes of the file to 755.....

I had the same problem earlier and this sorted it. I'm using it now and I am very impressed with it.

Ruddyrum
6th September, 2009, 08:15 PM
thanks, will try tomorrow - as if it doesnt work, i will have to re-flash the box again which i cant be arsed for at this time on a sunday night! :fisheye:

Will post results!

Hoffy
30th September, 2009, 10:15 AM
Any updates on this post??
I had exactly the same problem on Gemini 4.40 image. Only difference was I was installing to hdd.