PDA

View Full Version : dm8000 problems

djfraz
6th September, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi

I just got an 8000 on Tuesday, tried to upload a new flash that froze in process and now cannot get the receiver to work.

I have connected the box via a Belkin router with a straight ethernet cable.

I have Win XP and Vista, problem though is though I don`t have a serial port on laptop or PC so using a serial to usb lead.

Tried Dreamup 1.3.3.4 and also to upload via webinterface bootloader but no joy and driving me nuts.

On Dreamup I uncheck the "Use Network" box and the file appears to upload to the box. Problem is the next phase "box is flashing from it`s memory." I get a couple of bars then the process just stops.

Strange thing is that I actually managed to get the original image to upload once using the previous method but now that will not even work. Also note it takes about an hour to upload the file.

Can you help at all?

regards

Fraz

Bulld0g
6th September, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hi

I just got an 8000 on Tuesday, tried to upload a new flash that froze in process and now cannot get the receiver to work.

I have connected the box via a Belkin router with a straight ethernet cable.

I have Win XP and Vista, problem though is though I don`t have a serial port on laptop or PC so using a serial to usb lead.

Tried Dreamup 1.3.3.4 and also to upload via webinterface bootloader but no joy and driving me nuts.

On Dreamup I uncheck the "Use Network" box and the file appears to upload to the box. Problem is the next phase "box is flashing from it`s memory." I get a couple of bars then the process just stops.

Strange thing is that I actually managed to get the original image to upload once using the previous method but now that will not even work. Also note it takes about an hour to upload the file.

Can you help at all?

regards

FrazFound elsewhere. May be of use to you m8

Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser
What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.
Standby is not enough!
- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal)
- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working

westkill
6th September, 2009, 01:14 PM
look here as well :)
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/flashing-new-firmware-browser

firestorm
6th September, 2009, 01:31 PM
you can try booting from your recorver usb that you got with your dm8000

djfraz
6th September, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hi

Appreciate the resonses guys.

In terms of the usb recovery stick, do you just insert the stick before booting up? I tried this but no joy.

Also got access to the box through Telnet and tried Factory Reset but nought.

regards
F

mm009b
7th September, 2009, 12:53 PM
djfraz switch box off
hold in down button
wait till your ip address comes up on led and it sais stop
goto computer type in ip
goto bottom new firmware update
browse to nfi file im using nabilosat 11
then wait and off you go mate
good luck let us know how you get on cheers

djfraz
7th September, 2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your post

I have the dm 8000 connected to the router with a straight Ethernet cable. Is that all that should be connected?

I tried holding the down button and an ip address appears with "stop"

Then get into web interface and the furthest I got was 21% (Nabilosat 11) upload then it freezes. Sometimes though In just get "server timed out" message.

I have tried firewall on/off and also tried to use Dreamup with no success either.

Anything else I should check?

Thanks again m8

firestorm
7th September, 2009, 07:06 PM
if you are connecting for 21% then there is nothing wrong with your connection it sounds like your boot loader is corrupt and as long as you have not added a hard drive or dvd player your self i would send it back or try posting your question on the dm8000 vip web site Startseite - Dream Multimedia VIP-Board (http://www.dm8000-vip.de)

djfraz
7th September, 2009, 07:15 PM
Think the bootloader may well be corrupt. Called the store today and they said I can return it.

I have not added anything myself although they added a 1tb hard drive.

djfraz
7th September, 2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry, but sould my cable be connected to the router?

firestorm
7th September, 2009, 08:00 PM
yes the cable should go into your rooter not your pc

mm009b
8th September, 2009, 02:56 PM
sounds like you have a bad file is it a nfi file you are trying mate and is it for 8000 and not 800 just try before you send it back

djfraz
10th September, 2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks for your posts guys, got it working at last.

Using Manahattan receiver to move the dish and its a real pain.

Can anyone advise what postioner I should buy would a Jaeger Superjack v box 111 do the job?

I have a channel master 1.2m dish witha 36v motor.

Any views welcomed.

westkill
10th September, 2009, 08:30 AM
can you describe what settings you got in the tuner setup
it should be on advanced setting have you added longitude and latitude for your area and set the other option in there :)