PDA

View Full Version : Spllitting dreambox output

mikeyb
6th September, 2009, 03:12 PM
I want to watch my dreambox in another room and I have the idea that I can split the dreambox picture via a VCR. My theory is:

dreambox --(via scart)--> VCR
VCR --(via scart)--> TV1
VCR--(via coax output)--> TV2

I have a coax cable running through my flat already so im using that and I am asking before I break the bank and buy a VCR. :proud:

does this make sense?

Thanks in advance

leighton.s.b
6th September, 2009, 07:06 PM
Hi, havnt used or seen a dreambox, but as you give this description of the set up with a scart to vcr, is there not an aerial out on the back of the box, or is there just scart lead outputs

mikeyb
7th September, 2009, 11:22 AM
Yeh their is an ariel which outputs the signal but not the picture

skegsagypsy
7th September, 2009, 11:53 AM
just use a two or three way splitter at the main and connect to your other box, very straight forward and simple process. See below.

2-Way F Splitter : Aerial Splitters : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29530&C=SO&U=strat15)

red devil
7th September, 2009, 12:37 PM
I want to watch my dreambox in another room and I have the idea that I can split the dreambox picture via a VCR. My theory is:

dreambox --(via scart)--> VCR
VCR --(via scart)--> TV1
VCR--(via coax output)--> TV2

I have a coax cable running through my flat already so im using that and I am asking before I break the bank and buy a VCR. :proud:

does this make sense?

Thanks in advance

@mikey, you are spot on m8, when you scart through the video to tv
the RF out (coax) will carry all channels on AV....and you can split it
then to many tv's :)

or maybe a dvd player with an RF out may work as well....possibly a better option

skegsagypsy
7th September, 2009, 05:07 PM
But if you split the signal and add an extra box you can then change channels from the other room, I understand it will cost ? but its not that expensive for what your recieving,

mikeyb
7th September, 2009, 05:28 PM
The reason i am doing it is to use bits I have lying around the house. I can turn it over via the ipod touch (dreamote app).

To buy a new box it costs ?60+ but buy doing it its this way its free (free if you have found a VCR and have some coax cables running around the house from when I received a signal via the Ariel in the loft.)

mikeyb
7th September, 2009, 05:57 PM
It works!

But...its quite a fuzzy signal but a booster should sort that out. I have one of them lying around too. If anyone else needs a hand doing this give me a PM or i'll post a short guide. It's easy enough.

skegsagypsy
7th September, 2009, 06:11 PM
:wavey: no bother m8, I'm happy your happy :wavey:

flash27
5th February, 2011, 11:30 PM
Hi, I have been following this thread about getting Dreambox Picture to a second TV in another room in my house. I had the idea of using a VCR also. Have set it up as you have described. So far I have connected the Dreambox to the VCR via scart, then the VCR to my TV1 via scart. No problems so far. I have connected my TV2 via coaxial from the RF output on the VCR. However, still no picture on TV2 at all. I presume that if I manually tune in a selected analougue channel (eg no 9) on the TV2 i should get a picture of some discription!! I have noticed that "Red Devil" mentioned something about AV on TV2. Could you help. Im confused.com. Look forward to any help in this regard.

Elric
5th February, 2011, 11:38 PM
Hi, I have been following this thread about getting Dreambox Picture to a second TV in another room in my house. I had the idea of using a VCR also. Have set it up as you have described. So far I have connected the Dreambox to the VCR via scart, then the VCR to my TV1 via scart. No problems so far. I have connected my TV2 via coaxial from the RF output on the VCR. However, still no picture on TV2 at all. I presume that if I manually tune in a selected analougue channel (eg no 9) on the TV2 i should get a picture of some discription!! I have noticed that "Red Devil" mentioned something about AV on TV2. Could you help. Im confused.com. Look forward to any help in this regard.

why dont you use a av sender you can get them from argos
for about 30 quid

flash27
6th February, 2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah. I have. The house is a big bungalow so the distance I need to send the signal is too great I reckon. Coax is all run. Sky box always worked.

getmeoutofhere
17th June, 2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah. I have. The house is a big bungalow so the distance I need to send the signal is too great I reckon. Coax is all run. Sky box always worked.

Hi,

Just googling the same problem, did you manage to send the dreambox signal around the house?